Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: To All Cuffers in the South

Oh boy!

Last edited by wuapinmon; 09-01-2016 at 10:08 PM.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I've spent the past two days in the Carolina Sandhills NWR among the birds, butterflies, and bees. It has been glorious. I actually have to work today and tomorrow, so I took 2 Ferris Buellar Days off because of the weather. It's stake conference this weekend, so I'll be out before sunup to listen to the dawn chorus and enjoy the last good day before the heat of next week. I'll be up your way the last week in June, rumbo a Prince Edward Island. Hopefully it'll be cooler than last June. UGH!
    Hope you get a chance to catch the game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Last edited by wuapinmon; 09-01-2016 at 10:08 PM.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Looks like it might get a little wet and windy.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Looks like it might get a little wet and windy.

Yeah, this forecast blows.

2.78 inches since midnight so far. Given the forecast, I just booked a hotel in Charlotte, and we're getting out of here. I've got too many trees to weather 35 mph winds in the dark in purple-cell storms.

2.78 inches since midnight so far. Given the forecast, I just booked a hotel in Charlotte, and we're getting out of here. I've got too many trees to weather 35 mph winds in the dark in purple-cell storms.
    Not to one up you, but we got 9 inches of rain in an hour back in April. We had gusts up to 60mph. It was the most incredibly storm I've been in. Of course, I haven't been through a hurricane yet.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Hurricane.JPG
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Not to one up you, but we got 9 inches of rain in an hour back in April. We had gusts up to 60mph. It was the most incredibly storm I've been in. Of course, I haven't been through a hurricane yet.
    Yeah, that would be pretty terrifying. I've got over 50 mature trees around my house, and with the rain we've had over the last month, the ground is saturated. The wind made me not want to ride this one out with forecasted gusts to 60MPH at one point. I've got insurance on the house for storm and flood, so we headed north to where there guaranteed to have electricity.

I have been through a hurricane. One is enough; you don't do that twice unless you have to.

We are getting tremendous amount of rain here. Tornado watch and flash flood warning. Power is still on though.

BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world

lots of rain but not much damage

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

wap, are you okay?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Hey there all you racists and hillbillies. Nice Job!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    This thread is to all Cuffers in the South. I doubt any of us voted for Trump, so, move this elsewhere.

This thread is to all Cuffers in the South. I doubt any of us voted for Trump, so, move this elsewhere.
    but what about the racists and hillbillies part
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Suck it, Commie!

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Suck it, Commie!
    You know it.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    but what about the racists and hillbillies part
    Look around you.

Normally when you feel this kind of moist, intense heat on your body, something awesome is happening. Outside at 6AM this week is not awesome. Every window in my house is coated with fog. I have to drive with the windows down because I can't see to turn or drive if I don't. The mail inside my mailbox yesterday was damp.

It's not supposed to let up in SC until frickin' Tuesday! We were supposed to go camping at the beach starting Thursday. Yeah, I'm just going to lose that money. It's oppressive out there.

64 degrees this morning I. Houston. High of 76 yesterday. It was gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    64 degrees this morning I. Houston. High of 76 yesterday. It was gorgeous.

HA! It feels like Houston in August outside. I'm now officially calling this month Augtober.

2 & 1/2 inches so far.

2 & 1/2 inches so far.
    twss
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    twss
    stattb

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    twss

I'm used to Wuap getting more hurricanes than me, but not more snow. Our school sent the kids home 2 hours early today, and I drove home on streets that were all brined, but otherwise bone dry. Looks like my daughter will have to go to school tomorrow.

I'm used to Wuap getting more hurricanes than me, but not more snow. Our school sent the kids home 2 hours early today, and I drove home on streets that were all brined, but otherwise bone dry. Looks like my daughter will have to go to school tomorrow.
    We got between 2-3 inches. It was still snowing at dark, so I won't know until the morning, but I don't think it snowed much after 6:30PM. School has been cancelled since the roads were below freezing and the snow stuck immediately.

Temps got down to 24 degrees last night. It was brutal. Had to run the pool pump all night to make sure the pipes didn't freeze. We can't really heat the pool over Xmas break. The heater in the doghouse could only keep the temps at 65 for our dog. Luckily my new car has heated seats or I might not have even gone to work. Brutal.

Y'all on the right coast could be screwed... there is a freak'n "bomb cyclone" forming off the coast!

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

It has been snowing since 5 am here and the wind is crazy. Should get about 8" in the city. Long Island is getting well over a foot. I love snow days because no one comes into the office and I get a ton of work done.