Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: To All Cuffers in the South

Default To All Cuffers in the South

What the hell with this weather? Seriously, it's late September. Worst Winter EVER, followed by HOT AS HELL Summer. Who pissed off Mother Nature?
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    What the hell with this weather? Seriously, it's late September. Worst Winter EVER, followed by HOT AS HELL Summer. Who pissed off Mother Nature?
    I thought that very thing when I was sitting in the stands in Tallahassee on Saturday. And again when I was walking down the street for lunch today.

It has been beautiful here. And don't make any snide remarks about what is and is not the south unless you have your second ready.

The Cajuns.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
    It has been beautiful here. And don't make any snide remarks about what is and is not the south unless you have your second ready.
    Send it our way, please. It's frickin' 93F here. And yes, you're state counts. (when it supports my argument).
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

It's been beautiful over in my part fo the South. It's still in the upper 80s/lower 90s but the humidity hasn't been too bad.

I love this time of year in Houston. Decent weather (sometimes a jacket) for the next 9 or so months.

Wuap sounds like a Utah Mormon complaining about heat in the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Jones View Post
    It's been beautiful over in my part fo the South. It's still in the upper 80s/lower 90s but the humidity hasn't been too bad.

I love this time of year in Houston. Decent weather (sometimes a jacket) for the next 9 or so months.
    Here's where wuap gets all snobbish on your ass and tells you that Texas isn't the South.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Wuap sounds like a Utah Mormon complaining about heat in the South.
    I was born in Alabama.....primacy and authenticity negate your findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
    Here's where wuap gets all snobbish on your ass and tells you that Texas isn't the South.
    Texas is not the South, it is Texas. However, Houston is commonly considered part of the South anyway given its close ties to Louisiana. Most people will say that Houston is more in the South than it is in Texas.

Texas is not the South, it is Texas. However, Houston is commonly considered part of the South anyway given its close ties to Louisiana. Most people will say that Houston is more in the South than it is in Texas.
    Aside from your insistence on calling beef barbecue, I'd agree with this. Houston's a nice place if you get rid of all the traffic and humidity.

Aside from your insistence on calling beef barbecue, I'd agree with this. Houston's a nice place if you get rid of all the traffic and humidity.
    Houston traffic isn't bad at all, compared to other large cities I have lived in or visited.

The humidity is bad.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Like UD said, the weather here has been amazing. I just wish I weren't sick to enjoy it. I should be golfing today.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

As a former greater Houston area resident and a current Birmingham resident, I agree with the sentiments re: heat and humidity.

I will say that it has at least started to cool off at night here and the nights are actually quite pleasant.

The south is overrated.
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FN Phat View Post
    The south is overrated.

My ADR6300 doesn't even acknowledge SJSU
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Quote Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
    Houston traffic isn't bad at all, compared to other large cities I have lived in or visited.

The humidity is bad.
    If only I had your commute. You should try driving I-45 on Friday afternoon around 5pm. Highway 290 or the Gulf Freeway are the worst though.

The humidity is great for me. I actually have medical reasons for loving the humidity. It can suck sometimes though like when I walked out of my house this mornind and my neighborhood smelled like wet dog. Granted it rained like crazy last night so it doesn't always smell like that.

I was going to invite you over for some smoked brisket but now I think I'm going to withhold the invitation. I'll have you know I'm smoking a pork butt on General Conference weekend. If you have any good finishing sauce recipes (preferably vinegar based - are there any other kinds?) send them my way.

If only I had your commute. You should try driving I-45 on Friday afternoon around 5pm. Highway 290 or the Gulf Freeway are the worst though.

The humidity is great for me. I actually have medical reasons for loving the humidity. It can suck sometimes though like when I walked out of my house this mornind and my neighborhood smelled like wet dog. Granted it rained like crazy last night so it doesn't always smell like that.
    True enough. I avoid 59 south of downtown an 290/45 during rush hour. But with the hardy toll road 45 doesn't bug me that much anyway. 290 is a mess.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

I was going to invite you over for some smoked brisket but now I think I'm going to withhold the invitation. I'll have you know I'm smoking a pork butt on General Conference weekend. If you have any good finishing sauce recipes (preferably vinegar based - are there any other kinds?) send them my way.
    Sadly, I've never had much luck with vinegar sauces; I usually just buy them.

Sadly, I've never had much luck with vinegar sauces...
    Just squeeze BYU71 extra hard.

Quote Originally Posted by FN Phat View Post
    The south is overrated.
    Which is saying something, since it isn't even rated very high in the first place.

Operation Hot Mother Parrot Head's Avatar

Friday was day # 86 of 90+ degree weather this year in the CLT. Last year there were 28 days total. Fortunately, I get my style suggestions from UteStar and The Situation so I'm always in cool mode.
    I have nothing else to say at this time.

It was 95F here yesterday. Chance of rain today is 100%, so I'm expecting a cooling trend...finally.

Send it our way, please. It's frickin' 93F here. And yes, you're state counts. (when it supports my argument).
    This seems pretty normal to me.

We were at the Ole Miss game last night and the weather was lovely.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.

-Teenage Dirtbag

It was 95F here yesterday. Chance of rain today is 100%, so I'm expecting a cooling trend...finally.
    I remember going trick-or-treating in Memphis at 7 p.m. at night and it was 95 degrees. It doesn't really cool down around here until November.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.

-Teenage Dirtbag

To Win is to Honor Him doctorcoug's Avatar

Houston is Hell on Earth, except for the winter.
    "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

We got some moisture today. We're thankful for it.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorcoug View Post
    Houston is Hell on Earth, except for the winter.
    It was 84 degrees today and dry. Very nice weather. In fact it was nice enough that I wore a sportcoat to church.

Halloween in Houston is fun. The kids get to show off their costumes as they don'nt have to cover them up with heavy coats or even jackets. Parents walk down the road with drinks in their hands. Neighbors sit in their driveways to hand out candy. It's actually quite lovely here from late September to late December and then again from March through early June.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAzzuri View Post
    As a former greater Houston area resident and a current Birmingham resident, I agree with the sentiments re: heat and humidity.

I will say that it has at least started to cool off at night here and the nights are actually quite pleasant.
    We just visited Birmingham and I was surprised by how much I really liked it. The McWane Science Center was a lot of fun. The city had more character than I expected. I wish we had more time to do more things. (The only bad thing was we went to the WORST Thai restaurant on the planet. All I can say is was they served us instant rice.)

-Teenage Dirtbag