To All Cuffers in the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babs View Post
    yeah, you know...the state where Frisco is.
    I thought Frisco was in Texas. You know, north of Dallas, near Plano.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
    -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      Cali?

Fingernails on chalkboards.
      Sorry, SoCal.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
        Houston traffic isn't bad at all, compared to other large cities I have lived in or visited.

The humidity is bad.
        I had a job interview out of grad school in Houston. It was in late March/early April, unseasonably warm ~95 degrees and if it wasn't 100% humidity it was close. I took one step off the airplane and instantly wrote Houston and Continental Airlines off the list. And I was coming from Columbia, SC...

(I should have kept them on the list...)

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
          I thought Frisco was in Texas. You know, north of Dallas, near Plano.
          Yes, Frisco is just North of Plano. Our youngest son was born there. Nice town.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Frisco,+TX&sl l=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=64.36916,65.478516&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnea r=Frisco,+Collin,+Texas&z=12"]Frisco, TX - Google Maps[/ame]
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
            Yes, Frisco is just North of Plano. Our youngest son was born there. Nice town.

Frisco, TX - Google Maps
            Exactly. Frisco has nothing to do with SOCal, NorCal or even Cali.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by statman View Post
              I had a job interview out of grad school in Houston. It was in late March/early April, unseasonably warm ~95 degrees and if it wasn't 100% humidity it was close. I took one step off the airplane and instantly wrote Houston and Continental Airlines off the list. And I was coming from Columbia, SC...

(I should have kept them on the list...)
              Columbia is awesome!
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Good grief. It's hotter than hell right now. We actually have 100% humidity tonight, but it's not raining. It feels like the breath of an angry lover outside.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  Good grief. It's hotter than hell right now. We actually have 100% humidity tonight, but it's not raining. It feels like the breath of an angry lover outside.
                  The Carolinas use to be a decent place to live (at least when we were there). What the hell happened?
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So, it went from the hot breath of an angry lover to 20 mins before said hot breath and the awkward moment when you realize that you just said something really bad, but you realize that you need to apologize real quick like so that it'll warm up again, maybe by this weekend.

Comment

So, it went from the hot breath of an angry lover to 20 mins before said hot breath and the awkward moment when you realize that you just said something really bad, but you realize that you need to apologize real quick like so that it'll warm up again, maybe by this weekend.
                      Are you still talking about the weather?
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        Are you still talking about the weather?
                        I think this may be related to that thread he bumped the other day.

Comment

Turned our heat on today.

I'll update again when we turn our water heater up.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            I think this may be related to that thread he bumped the other day.
                            I believe this horse is startin' to turn.

Comment

I believe this horse is startin' to turn.
                              Don't talk about your wife that way.

Comment

Texas is not the south. I think Shreveport is the entry point to the south.

Comment

Working...
                                X