No announcement yet.

The Dog Lover Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my wife's families that she teaches has a Golden Retriever that just had a liter of 10 puppies.

3 of them are mixed with Austrailian Shepherd and 7 of them with another breed. I didn't know that was possible.

Anyhow. We're thinking about getting one of the 3 Golden/Austrailian Pups.

Comment

Originally posted by EdmondDantes View Post
      One of my wife's families that she teaches has a Golden Retriever that just had a liter of 10 puppies.

3 of them are mixed with Austrailian Shepherd and 7 of them with another breed. I didn't know that was possible.

What a floozy! A male's sperm will keep swimming for up to a week. Multiple studs = a mixed liter.
      I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by EdmondDantes View Post

Wow, a Golden/Aussie mix. Retriever + shepherd. I wonder what that will produce? Maybe the calm retriever genes will temper the high -energy working dog genes of the Aussie. It should be a really loyal and affectionate dog.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

This is a photo that first amazed me, then made me laugh:

The source says it's "from a Special Forces training mission a few months ago. Two brave American warriors jumping out of a helicopter into the Gulf of Mexico." I love dogs and I know they are smart and very trainable, but this is amazing.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

Another reason I love dogs. They do stuff like this:

[ame="http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=104612926247654"]Incompatible Browser | Facebook[/ame]
            ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Dogs hate bikes. I'm not sure why but every dog feels like they have to run after cyclist. The dog is my enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                and a 2.5 year-old Australian Shepherd, an energetic working breed that is scary smart. And lovable.
                What color? My dad had a couple of Aussies. A blue merle and a red tri. I wanted him to get a red merle.
                If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                  What color? My dad had a couple of Aussies. A blue merle and a red tri. I wanted him to get a red merle.
                  Red tricolor with gold points. She's beautiful, a true companion animal, always very lovable, sometimes a pain in the rear. Smart as a whip. We are nuts about her.
                  ― W.H. Auden

Comment

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...?s_cid=Email-4
                    ― W.H. Auden

Comment

You might need a Wall Street Journal subscription to view this video:

The Revised History of the Dog
                      ― W.H. Auden

Comment

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and gett my boy a puppy. I loved having a dog as a kid. With a new baby almost here I think this will be a good thing for everyone but me. Someone talk me out of this.
                        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                          I think I'm going to bite the bullet and gett my boy a puppy. I loved having a dog as a kid. With a new baby almost here I think this will be a good thing for everyone but me. Someone talk me out of this.
                          Choose the right breed for you and your family and invest the early time needed for training and you'll love having a dog.

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.

-- Roger Caras
                          ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                            Choose the right breed for you and your family and invest the early time needed for training and you'll love having a dog.
                            We are going with a labradoodle. I have put in a some time researching and this appears to be the best overall fit. Still, I am hesitant of the major time commitment I will have to make. I think the benefit for the boy outweighs the time commitment I will have to make.
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              We are going with a labradoodle. I have put in a some time researching and this appears to be the best overall fit. Still, I am hesitant of the major time commitment I will have to make. I think the benefit for the boy outweighs the time commitment I will have to make.

Consider an adult dog.

Comment

Originally posted by mUUser View Post
                                Consider an adult dog.
                                Wrong. Consider a goldfish. CJF, you can thank me later.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X