The Dog Lover Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Dies After Airline Worker Has It Placed in Overhead Bin

What about being placed in the overhead bin would hasten the death of the dog? Under the seat or in the overhead bin, what is the difference?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      Dog Dies After Airline Worker Has It Placed in Overhead Bin

What about being placed in the overhead bin would hasten the death of the dog? Under the seat or in the overhead bin, what is the difference?
      Maybe lack of air movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Apollo (or as I affectionately call him, 'pain in the ass'), is coming up on 4 years. He hasn't strayed far at all from his puppy personality; he always has to be near humans. Here he is right now:
        IMG_9401.jpg
        Mrs. NWC had it right when she said Apollo is more human than dog. He hates being alone and is super curious about what we're doing all the time. It's mildly annoying at times, but always endearing. And our older one, Star, is more dog. You can see her in the background. She's very loveable, but she respects the human-dog boundary. She keeps her distance most of the time.

Star is going to be 12 at the end of this year. She has noticeably slowed down. I'm already fretting about how we will need to distract her if we plan on any hikes longer than 2 miles. Even though she's always willing to go for a walk/hike, it's just tough for her to keep up with us now. It's sad; she was a great trail dog.

We're at the tail end of her existence, and I'm bummed about it. Dogs, of all species, should never have to die.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• sick backyard
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            sick backyard
            Thanks. We actually just moved here a couple of months ago. We were happy with our old house and never expected to move. That was until the empty land we bordered got zoned for 300 houses. We started looking for a quieter place, and got very lucky to find this still in town. We lost a couple hundred of square feet in the house but gained an acre of land. Very happy with the trade-off so far.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• am I remembering right that you have wheatens?
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Thanks. We actually just moved here a couple of months ago. We were happy with our old house and never expected to move. That was until the empty land we bordered got zoned for 300 houses. We started looking for a quieter place, and got very lucky to find this still in town. We lost a couple hundred of square feet in the house but gained an acre of land. Very happy with the trade-off so far.
                You have some hammocks for back there, right?
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Love the backyard and agree that dogs shouldn't die. It took me a long time to agree to another dog after my favorite died in 78. Now we have two Goldens.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Our two doing what they do best, swim in the nearby river/creek.

Leo and Maisy in the river.jpg
                    Attached Files
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      am I remembering right that you have wheatens?
                      Yes, both from the same breeder.

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      You have some hammocks for back there, right?
                      Yeah, my son puts his camping hammock up when he needs some zen time. We don't have permanent ones up though.

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      Our two doing what they do best, swim in the nearby river/creek.
                      Beautiful dogs, Topper. I'd go for a retriever also, but Mrs. NWC is allergic to most shedding dogs.
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• My daughter's dog, a cocker/beagle mix and who is living with us, is NOT a morning person. As summer approaches I've started taking the dogs for a walk between 8-9 AM and she does not like it. She dawdles and a couple of times has actually come out of her collar, which admittedly is a little big for her

She also has not quite got the concept that walking with me means we are WALKING, not exploring. It takes her a mile or two to remember that concept.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
                          My daughter's dog, a cocker/beagle mix and who is living with us, is NOT a morning person. As summer approaches I've started taking the dogs for a walk between 8-9 AM and she does not like it. She dawdles and a couple of times has actually come out of her collar, which admittedly is a little big for her

She also has not quite got the concept that walking with me means we are WALKING, not exploring. It takes her a mile or two to remember that concept.
                          I'm sorry to hear that, sounds terrible.

Comment

• Dad is visiting and is observing my dog sleeping on the floor.

Dad (looking at Lucy crossly): "Is there anything for that dog to do?"

Me (thinking): "I'm pretty sure you haven't moved from the couch all day."

Me (aloud): "Is it time for me to serve your fried bananas and vanilla ice cream?"

Comment

• 7439F39C-6A56-474D-A07C-27FE55DB77E6.jpg
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Otis, out mini schnauzer, is really showing his age. He is between 12-13 and is having back problems that are causing him a lot of pain. We've had him to the Vets 3 times in the last year for that. This last time was this past week. The vet prescribed a steroid, a muscle relaxant and some pain med each time.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                                X