The Chip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chip Thread

FTR BO, I searched for a thread to post this in before starting this one.

My favorite chips are salt and vinegar chips. I love them in all their variety. If I had to choose a favorite it'd be a kettle chip like Tim's Cascade Sea Salt and Vinegar Chips.

But the impetus for this thread were the new Black Bean and Garlic Tostitos chips. I love tortilla chips. Almost as much as the salt and vinegar potato chips. These chips though are almost perfect. Kind of spicy, garlicy, salty, and sweet with the black beans. Awesome.

Along with these, World Market/Cost Plus carries some great kettle chips. I don't know the brand, but they have a jalapeno that is awesome and salt and pepper chip that is equally good.

I also dig on occasion Cheetos Puffs. The Flamin' Hot ones are also great. And sometimes, only Funyuns will do.

What are your favorites?
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

My fave
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

I'm a tortilla chip guy. I would rather eat them than about anything else. My favorite ones now are multiple grain ones we get from Costco. Delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
        I'm a tortilla chip guy. I would rather eat them than about anything else. My favorite ones now are multiple grain ones we get from Costco. Delicious.
        Juanita's are awesome. I'm not sure if they are in Utah or not.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

I'm with you--there are certain brands that do certain flavors well, but I always come back to Salt & Vinegar.
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Salt and Vinegar are nasty to me... I like the doritos jalapeno cheddar, but it seems you can't really get them here in the states.

I like spicy. Habenero chips, salsa verde chips. Chips are my vice.

Comment

Most chips are too greasy and salty for my tastes. Salt and vinegar chips smell like feet.

I do like tortilla chips. I also like the black pepper and sea salt baked chips that Archer Farms makes.
              What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
              -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Loooove salt and vinegar chips. Also lovin' the salt and pepper chips at Trader Joe's right now.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I've got hooked on the Australian brand Red Rock Deli and a few of their flavors. My personal favorite is sweet chili and sour cream. Black pepper and lime is also good. Surprisingly decent chicken and soy. Sweet chili and sour cream are great. I also love jalapeño Cheeto's.
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I too love S&V chips - but if I eat more than a couple, the malic acid burns the living hell out of my tongue...

Comment

What is the best widely available salt and vinegar brand? Ms. Vicky's usually taste pretty good
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        FTR BO, I searched for a thread to post this in before starting this one.

My favorite chips are salt and vinegar chips. I love them in all their variety. If I had to choose a favorite it'd be a kettle chip like Tim's Cascade Sea Salt and Vinegar Chips.
                        I also love salt and vinegar chips, but have noticed that Tim's seem to have a much milder flavor over the years. Maybe my tastes are changing, but they just seem too bland these days.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

These are some of my favorites,

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

I'm pretty boring. Give me some tortilla chips and some good salsa and I'm set 9 times out of 10. Beyond that I really like kettle chips of all varieties.

Also, what kind of weird chemical voodoo is Doritos doing to come up with all these new varieties of chips. Cheeseburger? That actually tastes like a cheeseburger. Creepy.
                            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

With chips, I think less is more. I think my favorite may be the white corn Santitas. $2 only.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X