X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headline to article supports my position:

Utah kids fighting less, smoking pot at school more
    http://www.sltrib.com/home/2714506-1...ss-smoking-pot
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

I completely agree that marijuana should be legalized nationally but there were some interesting articles last year about the adverse effects of marijuana: addiction is common (especially for those who start using as teenagers) withdrawal syndromes are possible, and the adverse health effects are pretty substantial I'd say. I think there are probably some strokes and heart attacks caused by marijuana use (see second link). Still doesn't justify putting millions of people in prison the way we have stupidly done for decades on this country.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMra1402309

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc1407928

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        I completely agree that marijuana should be legalized nationally but there were some interesting articles last year about the adverse effects of marijuana: addiction is common (especially for those who start using as teenagers) withdrawal syndromes are possible, and the adverse health effects are pretty substantial I'd say. I think there are probably some strokes and heart attacks caused by marijuana use (see second link). Still doesn't justify putting millions of people in prison the way we have stupidly done for decades on this country.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMra1402309

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc1407928
        People with a predisposition for schizophrenia should not blaze. I've seen it mess up people that way.

Comment

In what will come as a shock to no one, the First Presidency calls for members in NV, CA, and AZ to vote against the legalization of marijuana.

I don't really agree with the conclusion or the rationale, so much to Mrs. D's chagrin, I'll still be voting in favor. After all, to me this seems like policy, not doctrine.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            In what will come as a shock to no one, the First Presidency calls for members in NV, CA, and AZ to vote against the legalization of marijuana.

I don't really agree with the conclusion or the rationale, so much to Mrs. D's chagrin, I'll still be voting in favor. After all, to me this seems like policy, not doctrine.
            This will be D-hole pretty soon:

smoking-weed.jpg

Maybe than he can relax when someone missuses or mispells a word.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I am voting yes on Question 2.

Not sure about Question 3.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

In fairness isn't the recommendation to vote against legalization of recreational marijuana ? So that clears the way for medical marijuana which is a step in the right direction.

Comment

That letter was read today at the pulpit during sac.

Rumor is our bishop and a member of the SP are part of a dispensary that just opened right outside the stake boundary.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                    That letter was read today at the pulpit during sac.

Rumor is our bishop and a member of the SP are part of a dispensary that just opened right outside the stake boundary.
                    Is it already legal for medical purposes?
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I have a friend who was a bishop in NYC. He moved a few years ago and judging from his Facebook feed he's now a partner in a medical MJ place in Colorado. I haven't asked him if he's currently embracing the fullness of the everlasting gospel.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        Nevada has medical marijuana.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

On the chance that I'll be called as an Apostle someday, I've heretofore refrained from investing in the pot-agri business. Oregon just completed its first year of recreational use, and it's been a huge profit for the state. I see good future in interstate drone delivery of pot.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/leg...ijuana-n665771

How could we get this on the ballot in Utah? I know the demographics of the state have been changing rapidly over the last 5-10 years and national support for legalization is around 57-58%...any idea what that level is here?
                            Last edited by taekwondave; 10-17-2016, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Yes it has been decrimininalized in Nevada for several years.
                              Last edited by Topper; 10-17-2016, 05:23 PM.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                                On the chance that I'll be called as an Apostle someday, I've heretofore refrained from investing in the pot-agri business. Oregon just completed its first year of recreational use, and it's been a huge profit for the state. I see good future in interstate drone delivery of pot.
                                Colorada had about $1b in new tax revenue from recreational MJ its first year being legal. I guess all these states from a piece of that pot pie.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X