Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Kirby is a pothead:

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/kirby...arijuana-user/
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      That guy writes some good stuff every one in a while, but most of his stuff is drivel. That might be his worst effort to date. “Make it legal because in my experience, it’s not bad.” Anecdotal much? FYI, this is coming from a guy who voted for the legalization of marijuana in my state.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        That guy writes some good stuff every one in a while, but most of his stuff is drivel. That might be his worst effort to date. “Make it legal because in my experience, it’s not bad.” Anecdotal much? FYI, this is coming from a guy who voted for the legalization of marijuana in my state.
        I don’t mind the anecdotal stuff. His is the perfect experience that should be legal everywhere. But it was pretty lame when he referenced all his other beefs with the church.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          I could have told you that.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
            I could have told you that.
            Haha. Yeah. Least surprising thing ever.

Can’t believe Kirby still has a job.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Take a look at the other Trip and Desnews columnists, they're all shit.

Comment

• I wonder if he is talking about CBD oil. If he is, that doesn't contain any THC, and doesn't make you high. It does help with inflammation, but it's odd for someone to use CBD and call themselves a "marijuana user."

Comment

The Church should cherish its iconoclasts, even the foolish ones. If the Church ran Apple, we'd all still be using iPhone 2's.
                  "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    I wonder if he is talking about CBD oil. If he is, that doesn't contain any THC, and doesn't make you high. It does help with inflammation, but it's odd for someone to use CBD and call themselves a "marijuana user."
                    He specifically said he uses "in the form of a THC-based oil."
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                      He specifically said he uses "in the form of a THC-based oil."
                      That's assuming he could remember exactly what it was.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• America’s Invisible Pot Addicts

Public-health experts worry about the increasingly potent options available, and the striking number of constant users. “Cannabis is potentially a real public-health problem,” said Mark A. R. Kleiman, a professor of public policy at New York University. “It wasn’t obvious to me 25 years ago, when 9 percent of self-reported cannabis users over the last month reported daily or near-daily use. I always was prepared to say, ‘No, it’s not a very abusable drug. Nine percent of anybody will do something stupid.’ But that number is now [something like] 40 percent.” They argue that state and local governments are setting up legal regimes without sufficient public-health protection, with some even warning that the country is replacing one form of reefer madness with another, careening from treating cannabis as if it were as dangerous as heroin to treating it as if it were as benign as kombucha.

But cannabis is not benign, even if it is relatively benign, compared with alcohol, opiates, and cigarettes, among other substances. Thousands of Americans are finding their own use problematic in a climate where pot products are getting more potent, more socially acceptable to use, and yet easier to come by, not that it was particularly hard before.

For Keith Humphreys, a professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Stanford University, the most compelling evidence of the deleterious effects comes from users themselves. “In large national surveys, about one in 10 people who smoke it say they have a lot of problems. They say things like, ‘I have trouble quitting. I think a lot about quitting and I can’t do it. I smoked more than I intended to. I neglect responsibilities.’ There are plenty of people who have problems with it, in terms of things like concentration, short-term memory, and motivation,” he said. “People will say, ‘Oh, that’s just you fuddy-duddy doctors.’ Actually, no. It’s millions of people who use the drug who say that it causes problems.”

. . . . . . . .

Academics and public-health officials, though, have raised the concern that cannabis’s real risks have been overlooked or underplayed—perhaps as part of a counter-reaction to federal prohibition, and perhaps because millions and millions of cannabis users have no problems controlling their use. “Part of how legalization was sold was with this assumption that there was no harm, in reaction to the message that everyone has smoked marijuana was going to ruin their whole life,” Humphreys told me. It was a point Kleiman agreed with. “I do think that not legalization, but the legalization movement, does have a lot on its conscience now,” he said. “The mantra about how this is a harmless, natural, and non-addictive substance—it’s now known by everybody. And it’s a lie.”
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I got the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints email asking me to vote no on Proposition 2. I will be declining to do what the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is asking me to do and will be voting yes.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Pro-medical MJ crowd getting to be insufferable on social media. Ugh.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Pro-medical MJ crowd getting to be insufferable on social media. Ugh.
                              This is definitely one of these issues that both sides are insufferable on. Both sides are being dishonest. Both sides are overselling this as a moral issue. Both sides are annoying.

Just legalize it. Tax the hell out of it and regulate it.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                                This is definitely one of these issues that both sides are insufferable on. Both sides are being dishonest. Both sides are overselling this as a moral issue. Both sides are annoying.

Just legalize it. Tax the hell out of it and regulate it.
                                The anti- crowd is relatively quiet in my feed. The pro-crowd is whipped into a frenzy with the recent church statement. ymmv.

Comment

Working...
                                X