Legalized Marijuana -- The way is clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Would you still allow employers to screen employees for usage?
    Sure, I guess if an employer didn't want to employ a marijuana user that is their decision.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      Sure, I guess if an employer didn't want to employ a marijuana user that is their decision.
      What if an employer didn't want to employ a cross-dresser? Is that their decision?

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        What if an employer didn't want to employ a cross-dresser? Is that their decision?
        Can cross-dressing be identified through a urine sample now? Technology is amazing.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
          Are you talking about someone who is trans or a cross dresser?

If you are talking about someone who is trans, I don't think that an employer should be allowed to discriminate on that basis. Hell, even the LDS church is against that type of discrimination, unless the employer is a religious entity of course.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Can cross-dressing be identified through a urine sample now? Technology is amazing.
            Don't need a urine test - the eyeball test works really well.

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            Are you talking about someone who is trans or a cross dresser?

If you are talking about someone who is trans, I don't think that an employer should be allowed to discriminate on that basis. Hell, even the LDS church is against that type of discrimination, unless the employer is a religious entity of course.
            I said cross dresser.

Comment

January 1, 2018...first thing we got in our emails at work was basically the following: (I'm in California obviously)

1. Marijuana is now legal in California.
              2. Marijuana is still against company policy.
              3. Doesn't matter if it is legal to use, or if you have a prescription, if you fail a drug test, you lose your job.

So really in California the only difference now is that you wont get arrested if you get caught holding. If you have a job that tests, you still can't smoke. At all...ever. All it does now is create issues for people that end up in places where it is being smoked. Because you can still lose your job if you get enough 2nd hand smoke and it gets in your blood stream.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                January 1, 2018...first thing we got in our emails at work was basically the following: (I'm in California obviously)

1. Marijuana is now legal in California.
                2. Marijuana is still against company policy.
                3. Doesn't matter if it is legal to use, or if you have a prescription, if you fail a drug test, you lose your job.

So really in California the only difference now is that you wont get arrested if you get caught holding. If you have a job that tests, you still can't smoke. At all...ever. All it does now is create issues for people that end up in places where it is being smoked. Because you can still lose your job if you get enough 2nd hand smoke and it gets in your blood stream.
                I've been at concerts where I was coughing from the pot stench, people lighting up all around me, my girlfriend and I were the only ones not partaking (311, Rusted Root, Local H, others I'm sure). After one particularly heavy-usage concert (Darlahood), I was worried I might fail the drug test where I worked (Atlanta Housing Authority). Nope.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

POT HOLES
                  Legalizing marijuana is fine. But don’t ignore the science on its dangers.

It’s not surprising, then, that heavy-smoking teens show evidence of reduced activity in brain circuits critical for flagging newsworthy experiences, are 60 percent less likely to graduate from high school, and are at substantially increased risk for heroin addiction and alcoholism. They show alterations in cortical structures associated with impulsivity and negative moods; they’re seven times more likely to attempt suicide.

Recent data is even more alarming: The offspring of partying adolescents, specifically those who used THC, may be at increased risk for mental illness and addiction as a result of changes to the epigenome — even if those children are years away from being conceived. The epigenome is a record of molecular imprints of potent experiences, including cannabis exposure, that lead to persistent changes in gene expression and behavior, even across generations. Though the critical studies are only now beginning, many neuroscientists prophesize a social version of Rachel Carson’s “Silent Spring,” in which we learn we’ve burdened our heirs only generations hence.

. . . . . . . . . .

In the same way someone who habitually increases the volume in their headphones reduces their sensitivity to birdsong, I followed the “gateway” pattern from pot and alcohol to harder drugs, leaping into the undertow that eventually swept away much of what mattered in my life. I began and ended each day with the bong on my nightstand as I floundered in school, at work and in my relationships. It took years of abstinence, probably mirroring the duration and intensity of my exposure, but my motivation for adventure seems largely restored. I’ve been sober since 1986 and went on to become a teacher and scholar. The single-mindedness I once directed toward getting high came in handy as I worked on my dissertation. I suspect, though, that my pharmacologic adventures left their mark.

Now, as a scientist, I’m unimpressed with many of the widely used arguments for the legalization of marijuana. “It’s natural!” So is arsenic. “It’s beneficial!” The best-documented medicinal effects of marijuana are achieved without the chemical compound that gets users high. “It’s not addictive!” This is false, because the brain adapts to marijuana as it does to all abused drugs, and these neural adjustments lead to tolerance, dependence and craving — the hallmarks of addiction.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

If you have a family history of schizophrenia, MJ should be a no-go.

Comment

• This is just funny. Legalizing marijuana violates freedom of religion? You have to be kidding me, right?

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...cal-marijuana/

I rather enjoyed the response to the latest attempt to get the measure off the ballot

Not since Jim McMahon hit Clay Brown in the 1980 BYU Miracle Bowl has there been a crazier Hail Mary than this latest wacky attempt by the Utah Medical Association, the Eagle Forum, and the rest of the Drug Safe Utah to derail the voters ability to vote on this important issue
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• This Utah marijuana bill is so ridiculous. Just legalize it and let’s not call it “medical” please.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                          This Utah marijuana bill is so ridiculous. Just legalize it and let’s not call it “medical” please.
                          I agree but the LDS church killing every single medical marijuana bill forced this.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            This is just funny. Legalizing marijuana violates freedom of religion? You have to be kidding me, right?

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...cal-marijuana/

I rather enjoyed the response to the latest attempt to get the measure off the ballot
                            Yeah that is a dumb argument. They should focus on the bogus health benefits.

Also, it is ridiculous that landlords would have to allow people to smoke in their apartments. Not because of religious concerns, but because smoking is a filthy disgusting habit.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Also, it is ridiculous that landlords would have to allow people to smoke in their apartments. Not because of religious concerns, but because smoking is a filthy disgusting habit.
                              The health benefits may or may not be bogus.

Also it doesn't force landlords to allow smoking. They can still be non smoking, just can't deny rental based on holding a medical MJ card.
                              Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 08-17-2018, 07:21 PM.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I'm not a pharmacologist, but I do know that my oncologist told me that marijuana might have been able to ease my nausea when nothing else would.
                                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Working...
                                X