No announcement yet.

Learning guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's now accessorized with a clip-on tuner, a couple of capos, a strap, and a handful of picks. He's been watching videos and learning various chords. He practices just about any chance he gets, so we've been hearing him get better and better at the chord progressions from Vance Joy's Riptide. While a little variety would be nice, it's nice to see his determination and focus on learning this one song.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      He's now accessorized with a clip-on tuner, a couple of capos, a strap, and a handful of picks. He's been watching videos and learning various chords. He practices just about any chance he gets, so we've been hearing him get better and better at the chord progressions from Vance Joy's Riptide. While a little variety would be nice, it's nice to see his determination and focus on learning this one song.

Really cool, Pelado.

Comment

Good for him. Determination on a single song like that will serve him well. This phase is all about repetition. The fact that he is sticking with it is an indication it probably won't just give up. I spent a week straight learning the solo to Hotel California. My family wasn't very welcoming of the Eagles and I know they spent a lot of time outside that week.

Comment

OMG those are the golden days. Reminds me of when I first attempted to play guitar-- my fingers had absolutely zero idea what they were doing and could not do what I wanted them to. It seemed so excruciating just to play the opening riff of Plush from STP.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
          X