No announcement yet.

I love Utah politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New batches of votes are in this morning and Love is now up by 1500 votes. Also, the proposition to change who does the gerrymandering is ahead by 3500 votes. Dems should have their safe district in 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
      Dems should have their safe district in 2022.
      :drhill:

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
        New batches of votes are in this morning and Love is now up by 1500 votes. Also, the proposition to change who does the gerrymandering is ahead by 3500 votes. Dems should have their safe district in 2022.
        McAdams claimed victory on Monday evening (11-19).
        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
          McAdams claimed victory on Monday evening (11-19).
          Yeah, looks like this baby is over. No more votes expected from Utah County. Official certification coming later today. What a crazy ride.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Yeah, looks like this baby is over. No more votes expected from Utah County. Official certification coming later today. What a crazy ride.
            No kidding. With a winning margin of over 700 votes I wonder if Love pushes for a recount
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
              No kidding. With a winning margin of over 700 votes I wonder if Love pushes for a recount
              Right now it is just outside the 0.25% limit that allows for a recount.

Has a recount ever changed an election?
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Right now it is just outside the 0.25% limit that allows for a recount.

Has a recount ever changed an election?
                Not that I can recall
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Another win for the patriarchy!!!
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                    Another win for the patriarchy!!!

Hooray for white mormon men.

Comment

• It'll be interesting to see how McAdams will vote over the next two years. The 4th district is an almost 50-50 split between democrat and republican constituents. McAdams won this because of the suburban republican disdain for Trump. Can he vote liberal over the next 2 years and get re-elected against a formidable GOP candidate?

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                        It'll be interesting to see how McAdams will vote over the next two years. The 4th district is an almost 50-50 split between democrat and republican constituents. McAdams won this because of the suburban republican disdain for Trump. Can he vote liberal over the next 2 years and get re-elected against a formidable GOP candidate?
                        He has already signed a document expressing opposition to Pelosi as Speaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                          It'll be interesting to see how McAdams will vote over the next two years. The 4th district is an almost 50-50 split between democrat and republican constituents. McAdams won this because of the suburban republican disdain for Trump. Can he vote liberal over the next 2 years and get re-elected against a formidable GOP candidate?
                          It was more than that. He’s also a good candidate with a background of being pragmatic and bipartisan.

Comment

Hooray for white mormon men.
                            Such disrespect. Hooray for white Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints men.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

He has already signed a document expressing opposition to Pelosi as Speaker.
                              I may be wrong, but most democrats that stated they are against Pelosi think she is too moderate.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                I may be wrong, but most democrats that stated they are against Pelosi think she is too moderate.
                                You're not wrong, but there is another group of democrats that oppose Pelosi because they are moderate red state democrats, and McAdams falls into that category. It's interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X