• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    just saying it might be time for a move bro
    Where's the fun in that?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I love Utah politics

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Wth?
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was funny. Especially the “top 5 liberal progressive states” comment.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Isn't there a MLK Blvd in SLC? Case closed!
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Isn't there a MLK Blvd in SLC? Case closed!
              And a Cesar Chavez Blvd!
              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfzBMXgnavb/
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Freakin' liberal RINOS and their hardcore rap.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Not surprising, but the latest attempts at Utah moving forward with medical marijuana will be killed again with a statement from the LDS church.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...nitiative.html

"We respect the wise counsel of the medical doctors of Utah. The public interest is best served when all new drugs designed to relieve suffering and illness and the procedures by which they are made available to the public undergo the scrutiny of medical scientists and official approval bodies."

"We believe that society is best served by requiring marijuana to go through further research and the FDA approval process that all other drugs must go through before they are prescribed to patients."
                    I agree that it would be great if marijuana could undergo the scrutiny of medical scientists and official approval bodies, but that is damn near impossible with it still being a Schedule I drug.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                      Not surprising, but the latest attempts at Utah moving forward with medical marijuana will be killed again with a statement from the LDS church.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...nitiative.html

I agree that it would be great if marijuana could undergo the scrutiny of medical scientists and official approval bodies, but that is damn near impossible with it still being a Schedule I drug.

Utahns can just take a little ski trip over in Colorado to get their medical MarriJane hit... of course, Colorado gets all the tax revenue thanks to those that keep blocking it.

I hear that marijuana, BTW, is very effective for folks that are dependent on alcohol (i.e., treatment of alcoholism). Of course, alcohol is a far nastier drug. Maybe something to keep in mind to pass on to your drinking buddies.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Utahns can just take a little ski trip over in Colorado to get their medical MarriJane hit... of course, Colorado gets all the tax revenue thanks to those that keep blocking it.

I hear that marijuana, BTW, is very effective for folks that are dependent on alcohol (i.e., treatment of alcoholism). Of course, alcohol is a far nastier drug. Maybe something to keep in mind to pass on to your drinking buddies.
                        Part of the problem right now is that much of the medical benefits that are touted seem to be based on junk science. Like I said earlier, it is the essential oils crowd that seem to be biggest proponents. And anecdotal stuff like the link you posted. I wish we had better hard data.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Part of the problem right now is that much of the medical benefits that are touted seem to be based on junk science. Like I said earlier, it is the essential oils crowd that seem to be biggest proponents. And anecdotal stuff like the link you posted. I wish we had better hard data.
                          I’d really like to have marijuana as an alternative to opiates for pain management.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            I’d really like to have marijuana as an alternative to opiates for pain management.
                            That would be good. Do we have some data showing that it reduces opiate addiction?

Comment

That would be good. Do we have some data showing that it reduces opiate addiction?
                              We might if it wasn't a schedule 1 drug.

Also, it would have been nice for this ballot initiative to be given a fair chance to let the voters decide than to have it killed by a statement and letters that will be read in sacrament meeting.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I don't have any data, but the one guy that I know that was addicted to opiates has switched completely over to pot now that it is legal here. I am guessing it would help, but we are too early to have anything conclusive at this point

Comment

Working...
                                X