I love Utah politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    But you wouldn't like it if you lived in a liberal state and it was the reverse.
    Oh, but I do.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      It should be done without splitting up counties, if possible, and that is possible in Utah.
      That's one arbitrary way to look at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
        That's one less arbitrary way to look at it.
        FIFY
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
          The perils of gerrymandering are overblown.
          The perils of gerrymandering are underblown.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
            ouch!

AA NMD
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
              Seriously. Not that big a deal.

Everything that you see that's wrong with the house is also wrong with the Senate. There's no gerrymandering there.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Ran into Ben McAdams at Habit burgers last night. He looked pretty tired.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                  Ran into Ben McAdams at Habit burgers last night. He looked pretty tired.
                  i like ben a lot
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Classic Utah politics summarized on a mailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• I'm laughing at the passing of Proposition 2. It is just a path to recreational use, but as someone who supports recreational use, I'm on board with that path. The LDS church overestimated their political power on this one. The church killed every single medical marijuana bill over the years even with public support of medical marijuana. They scrambled last minute trying to feign support and trying to rush through something at the last minute to kill the ballot initiate, but lost. If they had just let one of the medical marijuana bills pass, they would have never ended up in this situation.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                        Classic Utah politics summarized on a mailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        He got his butt kicked. Sounds like he was way behind and this mailing was a hail mary. If anything, it made things worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                          I'm laughing at the passing of Proposition 2. It is just a path to recreational use, but as someone who supports recreational use, I'm on board with that path. The LDS church overestimated their political power on this one. The church killed every single medical marijuana bill over the years even with public support of medical marijuana. They scrambled last minute trying to feign support and trying to rush through something at the last minute to kill the ballot initiate, but lost. If they had just let one of the medical marijuana bills pass, they would have never ended up in this situation.
                          The results of the proposition are irrelevent. The legislature is meeting in December to overturn it and implement an alternative version. This was going to happen whether or not the proposition passed.

Comment

The results of the proposition are irrelevent. The legislature is meeting in December to overturn it and implement an alternative version. This was going to happen whether or not the proposition passed.
                            The only reason the legislature is meeting is because there was a threat that this was going to pass. The LDS church changed its stance when it felt there was a threat it was going to pass. The legislature's action is only because of that change. It is also going to force the legislature to go broader than it would have been otherwise.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• What's wrong with this? The Church was on the wrong end of public opinion, and now they have aligned with public opinion. The church should be commended for their flexibility in realizing the inevitable. I'm pretty sure you'd be contemptuous of the Church no matter how it reacted. Win-win for you.

Comment

The fact that it passed is relevant because now from a public opinion standpoint the legislature is 100% obligated to actually agree on and implement legalized medical marijuana in the state in short order.

If it didn’t pass that would have given the legislature an excuse to delay, defer or even completely fail to pass any type of medical marijuana legislation.

Comment

Working...
                                X