Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Independent Scheduling rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Either way, I don't give a S%^$ what happens in the Mtn. West next year.
    LOL
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

How about this for the 5-year BYU/Utah deal. I can see how although it's not ideal, it would be suitable for both sides.

2011 @Utah
    2012 @BYU
    2013 @BYU
    2014 @Utah
    2015 @BYU
    Continue alternating homes games from that point until eternity when the U of U will cease to exist.

Utah gets its 6 home games in 2011, but makes it up by giving two in a row back to BYU. There would be a lot of groaning from the fans, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's the "paperwork" that's been submitted by the doctor.

http://twitter.com/byudeepthrowt

Who is this byudeepthorwt? And what 2 for 1 would get us excited as fans?

The only ones that come to mind for me would be tOSU, Florida, Alabama, LSU or Michigan. Other than that, who else could it be?

I purposely left off UTex and ND since we already have deals in place with them.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUCougar View Post

The only ones that come to mind for me would be tOSU, Florida, Alabama, LSU or Michigan. Other than that, who else could it be?

I purposely left off UTex and ND since we already have deals in place with them.
    Bronco mentioned Michigan specifically by name in his post game interview. Made me wonder.

They asked him about scheduling and he said 2011 was pretty much final and should be announced soon probably this week, but he didn't want to be the one to drop the names. Then he went into scheduling philosophy saying he wanted to cover the whole country geographically and also he especially liked playing the storied programs that the kids can learn something from, like "Notre Dame, Army, Navy, Michigan."

A 2 for 1 with UNC-Charlotte would excite me, but I may not be typical.

Holmoe said that Bronco called him into his office to talk scheduling and Bronco has a plan. The plan includes travelling all over the country and playing acedemic institutions.

I don't take that as a great sign. i have no desire to play Northwestern and Vanderbilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    The plan includes travelling all over the country and playing acedemic institutions.
    This looks very similar to how most teams plan and schedule.

The "travelling all over" might be somewhat unique.

Rumor on CB is a home and home with Wisconsin... I could live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    That is a PERFECT team to get a home and home with. Huge fan base. Always slightly overrated. Their style of play is easiest for us.

I would be very happy with that. Wisconsin is a great school, great traveling fans and is a solid program.

Oxcoug posted on Sunday that he caught wind of a 1 and 1 with a "major university," and a "cool destination" and someone that BYU has never played before. He also mentioned that people would be happy with it. I think Wisconsin fits the bill, but I looked at their 2011 schedule and they didn't have any gaps.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    I would be very happy with that. Wisconsin is a great school, great traveling fans and is a solid program.

Oxcoug posted on Sunday that he caught wind of a 1 and 1 with a "major university," and a "cool destination" and someone that BYU has never played before. He also mentioned that people would be happy with it. I think Wisconsin fits the bill, but I looked at their 2011 schedule and they didn't have any gaps.
    We need lots of games in the future, so not being announced for 2011 is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Holmoe said that Bronco called him into his office to talk scheduling and Bronco has a plan. The plan includes travelling all over the country and playing acedemic institutions.

I don't take that as a great sign. i have no desire to play Northwestern and Vanderbilt.
    Academic Schools with clout:

Michigan
    UNC
    Northwestern
    Boston College
    tOSU (You can laugh all you want)
    Rutgers
    Penn St.
    WV
    Pitt
    Wisconsin

Are some that I would consider Academic Institutions..

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post

get ready for the "Jump Around".. It is awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post

Michigan
    UNC
    Northwestern
    Boston College
    Rutgers
    Penn St.
    WV
    Pitt
    Wisconsin

I don't laugh at tOSU. THeir business school is top notch (and I should know, I graduated from there).

Wisconsin would be good, not great (meaning 2 for 1 would be insulting).

I don't laugh at tOSU. THeir business school is top notch (and I should know, I graduated from there).
    recently?

Quote Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
    recently?

Almost ... fall of 2003 was my first year there.

Yep, I graduated June of 2003.

Yep, I graduated June of 2003.
    Focus, people.. This isn't the "reminisce about the good ole days at tOSU" thread.

Focus, people.. This isn't the "reminisce about the good ole days at tOSU" thread.
    But they gave me a OSU tank top when I left.

BYU played in Madison back in 1980 (won 28-3), so if oxcoug's description is accurate and that it's a team we've never played before, then it wouldn't be Wisconsin.

But they gave me a OSU tank top when I left.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Thsi is to OSUCougar as well: That about when I graduated (2003).... Young Married Couples Ward???

Thsi is to OSUCougar as well: That about when I graduated (2003).... Young Married Couples Ward???
    No, we lived in Reynoldsburg. You and I had a business computer course together. You talked about your brother who wrestled at Boise, I think.

IndyCoug, my guess is it is either Virginia Tech or UNC, based on OXCougs description and scuttlebutt over on CB. I'd be happy with a 1 for 1 with Wisconson which is the latest rumor on CB.

Michigan
    UNC
    Northwestern
    Boston College
    Rutgers
    Penn St.
    WV
    Pitt
    Wisconsin

In all seriousness, what are Ohio State's strongest academic programs? Their law school is mediocre (don't know about others).

No, we lived in Reynoldsburg. You and I had a business computer course together. You talked about your brother who wrestled at Boise, I think.

IndyCoug, my guess is it is either Virginia Tech or UNC, based on OXCougs description and scuttlebutt over on CB. I'd be happy with a 1 for 1 with Wisconson which is the latest rumor on CB.
    Haven't we played the Tarheels before? Of the two, my guess is Va. Tech. Strong academics; never played before; "powerhouse" (At least, they're almost a powerhouse). I don't think we can call UNC a powerhouse in football.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox View Post
    Haven't we played the Tarheels before? Of the two, my guess is Va. Tech. Strong academics; never played before; "powerhouse" (At least, they're almost a powerhouse). I don't think we can call UNC a powerhouse in football.
    I don't think we have played UNC, but I'll have to check that. And lately, I would consider them a great addition to the schedule. Solid defensive team, in the top 25 most years, about on par with Clemson (Clemson a little higher). I'd like to play VaTech over UNC though, unless UNC comes with a home and home in basketball!!

Cool. We can turn this into a reminisce about the good old days at VaTech thread.

I wondered if that was you. I remember that course we had together..

Hated it...

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
    BYU played in Madison back in 1980 (won 28-3), so if oxcoug's description is accurate and that it's a team we've never played before, then it wouldn't be Wisconsin.
    I was going to mention that because I went to that game! It was the very first BYU game I ever attended, or I think that I ever saw at all (BYU was not a fixture on TV in the midwest in the 70s). A group from our ward went up to see it, and my father took me. I actually thought it was in '79, since I somehow remember Marc Wilson being the QB, but I looked it up and Indy was right, it was September 20, 1980. I was quite young at the time.