Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
    If it's 5 games, who gets the 3 home games?

If Hill signed a 2 home/3 at BYU deal I'll hang him in effigy.
    Utah doesn't deserve a 3 home 2 away with BYU, so if that's what happens, Holmoe really blew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      I heard from reliable sources about that as well but they didn't say when it would start though. I just don't see Utah playing 7 games on the road and only 5 at home next year. Plus that schedule would be brutal. As I understand it, Utah is still playing on the road at Boise and at Pitt.
      Wrubell and Drew were tweeting BYU's 2011 schedule the other day and they listed Utah as a home game for BYU.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Wrubell and Drew were tweeting BYU's 2011 schedule the other day and they listed Utah as a home game for BYU.
        Unless something changes with the Pitt or Boise road games (i haven't seen anything yet) I can't see Utah playing in Provo in 2011 until I see something official from Utah or BYU.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Unless something changes with the Pitt or Boise road games (i haven't seen anything yet) I can't see Utah playing in Provo in 2011 until I see something official from Utah or BYU.
          Me either.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Here are Jay Drew's tweets:

BYU has 10 opponents so far for 2011, far as I can tell: Ore. St., Texas, USU, Utah, La Tech, Idaho, San Jose, NMSU, UCF, Hawaii
            Then later he updated it with this:

BYU away football games in 2011: Oregon State, Texas, La. Tech, Hawaii(?). Home games: USU, Utah, Idaho, San Jose, NMSU, UCF.
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Utah doesn't deserve a 3 home 2 away with BYU, so if that's what happens, Holmoe really blew it.
              Let's agree that if EITHER AD agrees to 3 road games to one home game, they blew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Here are Jay Drew's tweets:

Then later he updated it with this:
                I was never doubting you Surfah on the fact that Jay Drew tweeted this stuff. I am just saying that unless something changes with the road games with Boise and Pitt, Utah isn't playing in Provo next year. I am not saying Utah won't be playing in Provo next year. Utah just can't afford to go on the road to Boise, Pitt and Utah for their non-conference games. Something will have to change on Utah's end. I also think that if their was something official between the two schools their would have been a press release like their have been with the other games BYU has scheduled.
                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I was never doubting you Surfah on the fact that Jay Drew tweeted this stuff. I am just saying that unless something changes with the road games with Boise and Pitt, Utah isn't playing in Provo next year. I am not saying Utah won't be playing in Provo next year. Utah just can't afford to go on the road to Boise, Pitt and Utah for their non-conference games. Something will have to change on Utah's end. I also think that if their was something official between the two schools their would have been a press release like their have been with the other games BYU has scheduled.
                  And I won't doubt that Drew may be wrong. My guess though is you guys drop Boise.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Holmoe said that the rivalry will continue, he said him and Chris Hill have come to an agreement and to expect an announcement shortly. He said it will happen in 2011 however.

Not sure what that means regarding where they are going to play in 2011, but it will happen.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                      Let's agree that if EITHER AD agrees to 3 road games to one home game, they blew it.
                      I can agree to that. I don't know why they would do a 5 year deal as opposed to an even number deal... makes no sense.

Comment

I heard from reliable sources about that as well but they didn't say when it would start though. I just don't see Utah playing 7 games on the road and only 5 at home next year. Plus that schedule would be brutal. As I understand it, Utah is still playing on the road at Boise and at Pitt.
                        I do wonder if Utah will keep both Pitt AND BSU- those plus BYU and a Pac-12 schedule is suicide. I expect them to make some scheduling changes.
                        "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
                        -John Heisman

Comment

Boise has four nonconference games scheduled next year and they're going to be in a ten team conference. Unless the MWC is going to continue with an 8 game conference schedule (and they might do that, the Pac 10 is the only conference right now that plays nine games), then Boise will have to drop a nonconference game.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            Boise has four nonconference games scheduled next year and they're going to be in a ten team conference. Unless the MWC is going to continue with an 8 game conference schedule (and they might do that, the Pac 10 is the only conference right now that plays nine games), then Boise will have to drop a nonconference game.
                            Won't they be in an 8 team conference? My understanding is that Nevada and Fresno ain't showing up until 2012.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Won't they be in an 8 team conference? My understanding is that Nevada and Fresno ain't showing up until 2012.
                              They're planning on being there next year. There's no $5 million penalty without BYU joining the WAC.

Air Force is decidedly against a 9 team conference schedule because it plays Army and Navy every year and wants to keep two discretionary games, so there's a strong possibility the MWC stays with 8 conference games.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                They're planning on being there next year. There's no $5 million penalty without BYU joining the WAC.

Air Force is decidedly against a 9 team conference schedule because it plays Army and Navy every year and wants to keep two discretionary games, so there's a strong possibility the MWC stays with 8 conference games.
                                I guess they will be taking that up with Karl Benson.

Either way, I don't give a S%^$ what happens in the Mtn. West next year.
                                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                                X