Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Local radio reporting BYU and Utah have come to an agreement to play 2013 in Provo and 2016 in SLC...

Gonna be weird in 14 and 15 with no utah game.

I wouldn't play them like that. Either sign for 2 or 4 years at a time, or don't play. We are already playing them early in the year, which doesn't help us at all and is our easiest portion to fill. At the very least we should play every year if we're willing to do that.

It's all or nothing with me. If I was Tom, I'd just say "We won't be playing in anything if you don't want to play football every year, and we can revisit this in a few years."
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
      I can't wait for the Utes to point out this is a 2-1, just like Texas.
      Umm....

Comment

Gonna be weird in 14 and 15 with no utah game.
        It'll be just like going on a mission.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

I can't wait for the Utes to point out this is a 2-1, just like Texas.
          How so?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
            How so?
            Counting this year it'll make two games in SLC and one in Provo in the next 3 meetings. The Texas reference is because we had one game with them at Texas, then signed a 1-1 and everyone was saying it was a 2-1.
            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
            - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Counting this year it'll make two games in SLC and one in Provo in the next 3 meetings. The Texas reference is because we had one game with them at Texas, then signed a 1-1 and everyone was saying it was a 2-1.
              LOL. Not even close to the same thing.

Comment

the texas series was 2-1. there is no comparison.We signed a 1-1 with utah for 2011/2012 and then another 1-1 for 2013/2016.

Comment

LOL. Not even close to the same thing.

I guess I should have used the sarcasm font...
                  Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                  - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.

Comment

LOL. Not even close
                    He rarely is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                      He rarely is.
                      :igiveup:
                      - Howard Aiken

Comment

Right, but the last agreement was 1/1 in Provo/SLC. You're not making sense.

Comment

I wouldn't play them like that. Either sign for 2 or 4 years at a time, or don't play. We are already playing them early in the year, which doesn't help us at all and is our easiest portion to fill. At the very least we should play every year if we're willing to do that.

It's all or nothing with me. If I was Tom, I'd just say "We won't be playing in anything if you don't want to play football every year, and we can revisit this in a few years."
                          I guess it is a good thing that you are not Tom. Any games played past this year are like icing on the cake. Unfortunately, I think that unless more Ute fans complain to Chris Hill then a game every few years may be all we get.
                          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Right, but the last agreement was 1/1 in Provo/SLC. You're not making sense.
                            I was trying to be humorous about how I can't wait for some misguided Ute to claim this is a 2-1. I wasn't trying to be serious or make sense. *sigh*
                            - Howard Aiken

Comment

I was trying to be humorous

another problem you seem to have.

Comment

I was trying to be humorous about how I can't wait for some misguided Ute to claim this is a 2-1. I wasn't trying to be serious or make sense. *sigh*
                                Listen. It is NOT a 2-1! That is just silly to even say!

Comment

Working...
                                X