Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Either way, I don't give a S%^$ what happens in the Mtn. West next year.
    LOL
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

How about this for the 5-year BYU/Utah deal. I can see how although it's not ideal, it would be suitable for both sides.

2011 @Utah
      2012 @BYU
      2013 @BYU
      2014 @Utah
      2015 @BYU
      Continue alternating homes games from that point until eternity when the U of U will cease to exist.

Utah gets its 6 home games in 2011, but makes it up by giving two in a row back to BYU. There would be a lot of groaning from the fans, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's the "paperwork" that's been submitted by the doctor.

Comment

http://twitter.com/byudeepthrowt

Who is this byudeepthorwt? And what 2 for 1 would get us excited as fans?

The only ones that come to mind for me would be tOSU, Florida, Alabama, LSU or Michigan. Other than that, who else could it be?

I purposely left off UTex and ND since we already have deals in place with them.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUCougar View Post

The only ones that come to mind for me would be tOSU, Florida, Alabama, LSU or Michigan. Other than that, who else could it be?

I purposely left off UTex and ND since we already have deals in place with them.
          Bronco mentioned Michigan specifically by name in his post game interview. Made me wonder.

They asked him about scheduling and he said 2011 was pretty much final and should be announced soon probably this week, but he didn't want to be the one to drop the names. Then he went into scheduling philosophy saying he wanted to cover the whole country geographically and also he especially liked playing the storied programs that the kids can learn something from, like "Notre Dame, Army, Navy, Michigan."

Comment

A 2 for 1 with UNC-Charlotte would excite me, but I may not be typical.

Comment

Holmoe said that Bronco called him into his office to talk scheduling and Bronco has a plan. The plan includes travelling all over the country and playing acedemic institutions.

I don't take that as a great sign. i have no desire to play Northwestern and Vanderbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                The plan includes travelling all over the country and playing acedemic institutions.
                This looks very similar to how most teams plan and schedule.

The "travelling all over" might be somewhat unique.

Comment

Rumor on CB is a home and home with Wisconsin... I could live with that.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    That is a PERFECT team to get a home and home with. Huge fan base. Always slightly overrated. Their style of play is easiest for us.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      I would be very happy with that. Wisconsin is a great school, great traveling fans and is a solid program.

Oxcoug posted on Sunday that he caught wind of a 1 and 1 with a "major university," and a "cool destination" and someone that BYU has never played before. He also mentioned that people would be happy with it. I think Wisconsin fits the bill, but I looked at their 2011 schedule and they didn't have any gaps.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        I would be very happy with that. Wisconsin is a great school, great traveling fans and is a solid program.

Oxcoug posted on Sunday that he caught wind of a 1 and 1 with a "major university," and a "cool destination" and someone that BYU has never played before. He also mentioned that people would be happy with it. I think Wisconsin fits the bill, but I looked at their 2011 schedule and they didn't have any gaps.
                        We need lots of games in the future, so not being announced for 2011 is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                          Holmoe said that Bronco called him into his office to talk scheduling and Bronco has a plan. The plan includes travelling all over the country and playing acedemic institutions.

I don't take that as a great sign. i have no desire to play Northwestern and Vanderbilt.
                          Academic Schools with clout:

Michigan
                          UNC
                          Northwestern
                          Boston College
                          tOSU (You can laugh all you want)
                          Rutgers
                          Penn St.
                          WV
                          Pitt
                          Wisconsin

Are some that I would consider Academic Institutions..

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post

get ready for the "Jump Around".. It is awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                              Academic Schools with clout:

Michigan
                              UNC
                              Northwestern
                              Boston College
                              tOSU (You can laugh all you want)
                              Rutgers
                              Penn St.
                              WV
                              Pitt
                              Wisconsin

Are some that I would consider Academic Institutions..
                              I don't laugh at tOSU. THeir business school is top notch (and I should know, I graduated from there).

Wisconsin would be good, not great (meaning 2 for 1 would be insulting).

Comment

I don't laugh at tOSU. THeir business school is top notch (and I should know, I graduated from there).
                                recently?

Comment

Working...
                                X