Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I'm okay with taking a break. I'm sick of those assholes.
    Maybe you can schedule a home and home with Princeton, you've got a fair chance at winning and their fan base are good spellers.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      If it benefits BYU, I'm opposed to an 8 game Pac-12 schedule.

I don't like deferring the rivalry game. It is really impressive that Utah was able to schedule a home/home with Florida.
      Why? Do you have an inferiority complex? Aren't you supposed to expect these things as a matter of course?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Why? Do you have an inferiority complex? Aren't you supposed to expect these things as a matter of course?
        I actually think it’s impressive given that Florida almost never plays a non conf game outside the state of Florida.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I think the real shock/surprise is that Florida agreed to play a nonconfernce road game west of the Mississippi.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Rooting for a hurricane to wipe out both teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              I actually think it’s impressive given that Florida almost never plays a non conf game outside the state of Florida.
              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              I think the real shock/surprise is that Florida agreed to play a nonconfernce road game west of the Mississippi.
              So to be clear, you guys are impressed with Florida, not Utah. I agree.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                Maybe you can schedule a home and home with Princeton, you've got a fair chance at winning and their fan base are good spellers.
                Are you salty about my BSU fan comments? Don’t send the Teamsters after me.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

So to be clear, you guys are impressed with Florida, not Utah. I agree.
                  Well duh. That goes without saying.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I'm a huge fan of scheduling an east coast Ute game. No longer will I have to travel across the continent to witness a loss to USC; now I can travel a mere 2 hours and get the same pleasure from an SEC team.

But I really hate dropping the BYU game. Aside from the obvious benefits of the game (the history, the rivalry, the hatred, winning), we lose the one game that has me on pins and needles the week before. Drop the stupid FCS game, or SDSU, hell, even Baylor.
                    Last edited by Applejack; 09-24-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                      I'm a huge fan of scheduling an east coast Ute game. No longer will I have to travel across the continent to witness a loss to USC; now I can travel a mere 2 hours and get the same pleasure from an SEC team.

But I really hate dropping the BYU game. Aside from the obvious benefits of the game (the history, the rivalry, the hatred, winning), we lose the one game that has my on pins and needles the week before. Drop the stupid FCS game, or SDSU, hell, even Baylor.

Yeah, this is what I don't understand. It's illogical that the BYU game is the quick answer when Utah needs to clear a game.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        I'm a huge fan of scheduling an east coast Ute game. No longer will I have to travel across the continent to witness a loss to USC; now I can travel a mere 2 hours and get the same pleasure from an SEC team.

But I really hate dropping the BYU game. Aside from the obvious benefits of the game (the history, the rivalry, the hatred, winning), we lose the one game that has my on pins and needles the week before. Drop the stupid FCS game, or SDSU, hell, even Baylor.
                        I agree, I hate dropping the BYU game. The yearly rivalry win is one of the best parts of each season.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• @UCF 11/11/2023 and vs UCF 8/31/2024. I like it.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...oise-state-byu

I just heard Jake Hatch say that Utah was helpful in getting this scheduled. No doubt we couldn't have done it without them.
                          Last edited by wapiti; 09-24-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Also a H/H with Rice in 2023 and 2025.

The last game between BYU and Rice that I attended, Sark and Co. administered a 49-0 beatdown at (what is now) LES. Good times.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              Also a H/H with Rice in 2023 and 2025.

The last game between BYU and Rice that I attended, Sark and Co. administered a 49-0 beatdown at (what is now) LES. Good times.

Awesome... good times, indeed. That is going to be worth a trip to H-Town to see. Maybe I can even meet up with Moli.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Four more games with Stanford. The first two are at Stanford in November, and the back end is Aug/Sept in Provo in 2031 and 2035.

If I am looking at this correctly, the combined eight games under contract with the Cardinal have four of the first five at Stanford.
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X