No announcement yet.

Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the Arkansas game. SEC team but beatable. Easy roadie from Houston.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      I like the Arkansas game. SEC team but beatable. Easy roadie from Houston.
      Provo date is in mid October. That's good.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        Provo date is in mid October. That's good.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        And it's the first game in the series

Comment

• New Boise State series for 10 games starting in 2025 (looks like there's a break in 2024).

Southern Utah University in 2023.

https://www.deseret.com/2019/9/10/20...h-thunderbirds
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            New Boise State series for 10 games starting in 2025 (looks like there's a break in 2024).

Southern Utah University in 2023.

https://www.deseret.com/2019/9/10/20...h-thunderbirds
            Pure speculation but I'm guessing BYU didn't want to have Utah and Boise in Provo in the same year. But Boise didn't want to come to Provo two years in row. Skip a year and problem solved.

I'm glad this game is on the schedule for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
              I'm glad this game is on the schedule for a long time.
              As am I.

Now, go and get the basketball team to partake.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• The funny thing is...Boise St. fans are upset about the new series. "BYU is a has been MWC wannabe. We need to quit scheduling them and let them die." Saw that about 100x yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  The funny thing is...Boise St. fans are upset about the new series. "BYU is a has been MWC wannabe. We need to quit scheduling them and let them die." Saw that about 100x yesterday.
                  I didn't realize we were 2-7 against them. We need to right that ship.

Comment

The funny thing is...Boise St. fans are upset about the new series. "BYU is a has been MWC wannabe. We need to quit scheduling them and let them die." Saw that about 100x yesterday.
                    Bronco fans are pretty bad. They're like Utah fans (for whatever reason obsessed with BYU), only with worse spelling and overall football knowledge.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                      Bronco fans are pretty bad. They're like Utah fans (for whatever reason obsessed with BYU), only with worse spelling and overall football knowledge.
                      But better trucks.
                      If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

It depends on which Boise fans. For example, most everyone I know personally around here really likes the series. There are probably a few crazies on broncocountry.com that oppose playing BYU at all or this often, but I don't believe them to be representative of the fan base. There are at least a couple dudes I saw at mwcboard.com who are really upset at the series. They don't want BSU supporting BYU's independence - at least not annually. But the more reasonable people there recognize that it's one of the few games that annually sells out Albertson's Stadium, that it's a guaranteed ESPN matchup, and that it just makes a lot of sense as a regional (low cost) game.

We just need to start winning a lot more of these games. I've been to every BYU game played on the blue turf, and the only win I've seen there against the Broncos was in the Potato Bowl last year facing a directional Michigan.
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Utah games in 2022 and 2023 are being "deferred" for Utah to make room for a home and home with Florida.

It would really help BYU if the PAC 12 were to get rid of the 9 game conference schedule. It would keep Utah from doing this and open up spots for BYU throughout the conference.

Comment

Utah games in 2022 and 2023 are being "deferred" for Utah to make room for a home and home with Florida.

It would really help BYU if the PAC 12 were to get rid of the 9 game conference schedule. It would keep Utah from doing this and open up spots for BYU throughout the conference.
                            I'm okay with taking a break. I'm sick of those assholes.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Boo.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Utah games in 2022 and 2023 are being "deferred" for Utah to make room for a home and home with Florida.

If it benefits BYU, I'm opposed to an 8 game Pac-12 schedule.

I don't like deferring the rivalry game. It is really impressive that Utah was able to schedule a home/home with Florida.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X