bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
    Well, after watching eight of those guys play exactly zero minutes of college ball, I can't really agree with you.
    While watching 3 of those guys play on the best high school basketball team in the nation and destroying teams comprised of players like Aaron Gordon, Rondae Jefferson, Kasey Hill, Dakari Johnson, Matt Jones, Johnathan Williams, Brannen Greene, Devin Williams, Isaiah Whitehead, D'angelo Russell, Trey Kell, Makinde London, Tadric Jackson, and Dominque Collier I am pretty optimistic.

All of those players are top 100 kid from the 2013 and 2014 classes. That is just during the season, I am not even talking about what they did during AAU ball when they played against Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones, Goodluck Okonoboh, Myles Turner, Emmanuel Mudiay, Julius Randle and the Harrison Twins.

They have played top flight competition and beat them for the last 3 years. Add in 4 star kid in Dastrup, athletic guards like Bartley and Chapman. Good perimeter shooters like Calvert Nixon and Hartsock (the later two being stretch fours). WIth some bangers like Shaw, Neilson and Worthington, this has the makings of BYUs best team ever.
    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      2016-2019 roster (not including any future commits)

I think this can be a final four team.

G Nick Emery (SO)
      G Cory Calvert (JR)
      G Jordan Chatman (JR)
      G T.J. Haws (FR)
      G Frank Bartley (SR)
      F Jake Toolson (FR)
      F Luke Worthington (SR)
      F Jakob Hartsock (SO)
      F Braiden Shaw (SO)
      F Dalton Nixon (FR)
      C Eric Mika (SO)
      C Isaac Neilson (JR)
      C Payton Dastrup (FR)
      That is a long way away and there is no guarantee that '71 will still be alive, buying season tickets for his boys, remembering his own name and/or not pissing himself. So looking a little closer to the near term, like uh say next year...

There are 12 scholarships spoken for: Carlino, Haws, Winder, Austin, Sharp, Halford, Collinworth, Fischer, Worthington, Bartley, Chatman and Nelson.

This years class of recruits includes: Dastrup, Andrus, Toolsen, Haws and Nixon. It has been rumored that Andrus might play next year but I wonder how this will work out. Per the rumors both Dastrup and Andrus have expressed that they could play a year before serving a mission.

The obvious challenge is BYU has 8 perimeter players on scholarship (noted that KyleC can defend opposing 4's when needed). That leaves the known post players for next year as Austin, Sharp, Worthington and Isaac Nelson. I would prefer if BYU sings and sends both Dastrup and Andrus and sees if it can land a quality JC 5. If not then my preference would be to bring in Dastrup to play a year before serving a mission and perhaps our Blessed Marja can persuade him into marriage over mission! What say ye Brethren?!
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        2016-2019 roster (not including any future commits)

I think this can be a final four team.

G Nick Emery (SO)
        G Cory Calvert (JR)
        G Jordan Chatman (JR)
        G T.J. Haws (FR)
        G Frank Bartley (SR)
        F Jake Toolson (FR)
        F Luke Worthington (SR)
        F Jakob Hartsock (SO)
        F Braiden Shaw (SO)
        F Dalton Nixon (FR)
        C Eric Mika (SO)
        C Isaac Neilson (JR)
        C Payton Dastrup (FR)
        I like that team. Can't wait to see what the Lone Peak boys together. But just based on recruiting rankings, nearly every top 25 team (40?) has a roster with this level of talent.

Comment

• Granny: 1, Hussy: 0

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            I like that team. Can't wait to see what the Lone Peak boys together. But just based on recruiting rankings, nearly every top 25 team (40?) has a roster with this level of talent.
            True. But Rose and his staff have a history of taking advantage of players strengths. Giving Rose this kind of talent to work with should be fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              Granny: 1, Hussy: 0
              Burn!
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                Granny: 1, Hussy: 0
                No. Cheese Crisps : 1, Temple of Babylon: 0.

Blessed be the name of our Marja!

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• How big of deal is this on the OSU message boards? I'm sure more than one comment about not being able to trust a Mo, has been made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    How big of deal is this on the OSU message boards? I'm sure more than one comment about not being able to trust a Mo, has been made.
                    I haven't been over there but if they ever get wind of the MLM plague that is rampant in Utah Valley you can be sure they will.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

How big of deal is this on the OSU message boards? I'm sure more than one comment about not being able to trust a Mo, has been made.
                      You. We know you've already been over there. Especially based on the bolded part.

The typical LOI is only for one academic year. I am not aware of any alternate versions.

But the great thing is you can always trust a Mormon to keep his word.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        You. We know you've already been over there. Especially based on the bolded part.
                        Or more likely CB, since it was mentioned there as well.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

More like it's tough to break free of a cult. For OSU this was big because they need big men. They're still in the running for Turner though so they're hoping they get him.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

• Ha. I must have read that on CB. I only glanced at the front page. I don't remember seeing it, but the plagiarism is highly suspicious. I guess that proves how that place leaves a lingering stink on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              Will Chase Fischer be around in 16 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                Will Chase Fischer be around in 16 ?
                                Yes. Chase will be a JR in 14-15 and a SR in 15-16.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X