bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Byu was dastrups 9th or 10th offer. He was already a top 100 kid in his class and blowing up when byu finally offered. Dave Rose had questions on whether or not he could play in byus system (we all saw his less than stellar highlight videos) when his dad was fired by the church Rose had a lot of ground to make up, which for the most part he did.

Dastrup was also a straight mission kid, now he wants to play a year first. I doubt he even goes at this point.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Rose should have recruited Marja and played the temple angle harder.

Comment

• We never get these kids that draw it out and take the recruiting train around the country.

Pretty frustrating to lose him when his parents are BYU grads.
      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        We're going to keep losing recruiting battles except for kids from Lone Peak. Nobody wants to play in the WCC and their HS gyms. That's what PK is saying anyway.
        PK is a nozzle, but there its a hint of truth here. Gonzaga overcomes it by playing a national schedule(and being the media darling for greater than two decades).
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          PK is a nozzle, but there its a hint of truth here. Gonzaga overcomes it by playing a national schedule(and being the media darling for greater than two decades).
          And we overcome it with lone peak, so I'm okay with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
            I agree it matters to some, even many recruits. However, it wasn't a factor in this decision so it was just PK being a nozzle.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              And we overcome it with lone peak, so I'm okay with it.
              You have to hope that their run continues. Which it may.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...o-Gonzaga.html

Has anybody seen this kid play? His grandfather is a coaching legend here in Eastern Idaho. I was little surprised to see that Gonzaga signed him and I'm not sure he was even on BYU's radar.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                  http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...o-Gonzaga.html

Has anybody seen this kid play? His grandfather is a coaching legend here in Eastern Idaho. I was little surprised to see that Gonzaga signed him and I'm not sure he was even on BYU's radar.
                  He was on BYUs radar and he is really skilled but I didn't think he was worth an early offer.
                  *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...o-Gonzaga.html

Is the music on his highlight video an original composition?
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Holy crap!
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• November surprise on that ass!
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• CB is blowing up that Dastrup is now coming to Provo.

Comment

• Evan Daniels@EvanDanielsFOX5m

BREAKING: Four-star big man Payton Dastrup has decommitted from Ohio State and will sign with BYU today.

The provo all star connection comes through again.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Cougars win more than a game at Stanford.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                We're going to keep losing recruiting battles except for kids from Lone Peak. Nobody wants to play in the WCC and their HS gyms. That's what PK is saying anyway.
                                Up yours, Patrick Kinnehan.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X