bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    His offense is supposed to be much better than LJ's. His numbers are for sure. His JC coach was interviewed yesterday and talked about how smart a player he is and that is why his offensive efficiency is so good. He knows when to shoot and when to pass. Also talked about how great of a kid and teammate he is.
    I got excited when I watched the video and one of the first clips was him driving left and finishing with his left hand. Then it became clear that he never used his right. Oh, well. I guess it's no different than most right handers who can't finish with the left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      I got excited when I watched the video and one of the first clips was him driving left and finishing with his left hand. Then it became clear that he never used his right. Oh, well. I guess it's no different than most right handers who can't finish with the left.
      His JC coach was asked about that and kind of laughed it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I hear from a few sources that Mika is quite the jerk IRL. That would explain a lot.

Adios. Enjoy your new career.
        Everyone is telling him to come back, but he is set on leaving.

I don't know if this applies to Mika specifically, but there is an entitlement problem with at least some on the team (probably not news). Don't be surprised to see Rose pursue more non-LDS kids and more kids outside of Utah. If incoming transfers take time away from some current members of the team, don't be surprised to see a transfer or two out in a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
          Everyone is telling him to come back, but he is set on leaving.

I don't know if this applies to Mika specifically, but there is an entitlement problem with at least some on the team (probably not news). Don't be surprised to see Rose pursue more non-LDS kids and more kids outside of Utah. If incoming transfers take time away from some current members of the team, don't be surprised to see a transfer or two out in a year.
          Division 1 athletes probably suffer from a bit of entitlement, and suffer from a more acute version of it. If Mika is gone, so be it, and he will not be heard of again. Let his name not be uttered in this realm if he leaves for a non-NBA destination until after his junior year. If he makes an NBA team this upcoming season, then good for him.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
            Division 1 athletes probably suffer from a bit of entitlement, and suffer from a more acute version of it. If Mika is gone, so be it, and he will not be heard of again. Let his name not be uttered in this realm if he leaves for a non-NBA destination until after his junior year. If he makes an NBA team this upcoming season, then good for him.
            Unless he gets divorced and marries a 6'5" LDS volleyball player, amiright?
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
              UConn coach seems to have it figured out:

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Sans blonde hair and a high-pitched voice.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                  Sans blonde hair and a high-pitched voice.
                  Heh.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                    UConn coach seems to have it figured out:

Got to respect that.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm not a matchmaker, but if you got one for him, go for it. Why limit him to an LDS girl?

Although given his lack of love for BYU, I doubt he would direct any progeny to the halls of BYU. It doesn't look like any BYU legacy children will flow from his loins. Most likely he will be sending his progeny to Utah if current rumors are true.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        That might be the first time ever that someone has acted one way to big money donors and their families and a different way to other people.
                        lol.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Got to respect that.
                          yes, you do, but he has the luxury of being choosy like that. a lot of coaches just have to take the best they can get. he can pick and choose the best body language of all the McD's All Americans and decide which ones he wants.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            yes, you do, but he has the luxury of being choosy like that. a lot of coaches just have to take the best they can get. he can pick and choose the best body language of all the McD's All Americans and decide which ones he wants.
                            exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              Yes, and he acknowledges that. But the guy has been winning for like... ever. You might expect a guy like that to start putting the continued win streak in front of the kids at some point.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                That might be the first time ever that someone has acted one way to big money donors and their families and a different way to other people.
                                Ha. Bingo.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X