No announcement yet.

bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richie Saunders from Wasatch Academy committed yesterday.

https://kslsports.com/420559/richie-...atch-academy/?

Comment

• Three Star who will serve a mission first. Any scouting reports on his abilities? He's a biggesh guard.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        Three Star who will serve a mission first. Any scouting reports on his abilities? He's a biggesh guard.
        Solid recruit. Creighton and Utah really wanted him. 1st player from powerhouse Wasatch Academy that BYU will get.

Comment

• bb recruiting

Spencer Johnson signs with Byu. I wonder what happened to him and Oregon, which is where I thought he signed. I just found out he’s been playing at SLCC. Sure would be nice to have him on the roster this year.

Edit: I was confusing him with his brother Isaac. Would be nice to have Isaac transfer after the mission.
          Last edited by Moliere; 11-14-2019, 08:20 PM.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• New Mexico JC wing Gideon George committed today. I had never heard of him. He's from Nigeria and looks like a very athletic wing who can defend, block shots, and rebound. Highlights look like he gets his points from putbacks, dunks and plays around the rim. He and Baxter will both be juniors. It will be interesting to see how they fit on the floor together as non-shooters.

https://youtu.be/HIITjKknGck

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
              New Mexico JC wing Gideon George committed today. I had never heard of him. He's from Nigeria and looks like a very athletic wing who can defend, block shots, and rebound. Highlights look like he gets his points from putbacks, dunks and plays around the rim. He and Baxter will both be juniors. It will be interesting to see how they fit on the floor together as non-shooters.

https://youtu.be/HIITjKknGck
              Is this the recruit that was in attendance at the Gonzaga game? That was probably pretty convincing.
              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...tball-big-man/

Van Komen transferring, BYU mentioned. Not sure 7-4 guys fit the modern game.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...tball-big-man/

Van Komen transferring, BYU mentioned. Not sure 7-4 guys fit the modern game.
                  I doubt BYU offers him a scholarship but we will see.

Jesse Wade has got to be medically retired leaving BYU with 3 open scholarships.

I think BYU picks up two grad transfers. I think Isaiah White from UVU will be one and the other will hopefully be a playmaker with pg abilities, I like the Rich Kelly kid from Quinipac. I think the last scholarship goes to either a HS PG or perhaps Justice Hill out of SLCC- but a pg for the future.

I also wonder how the mission kids coming home early might shake things up but I am an optimist so I think the Church will be ramping up missionary efforts in the fall so I think kids will go on missions but they might not serve a full 24 months.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                    I doubt BYU offers him a scholarship but we will see.

Jesse Wade has got to be medically retired leaving BYU with 3 open scholarships.

I think BYU picks up two grad transfers. I think Isaiah White from UVU will be one and the other will hopefully be a playmaker with pg abilities, I like the Rich Kelly kid from Quinipac. I think the last scholarship goes to either a HS PG or perhaps Justice Hill out of SLCC- but a pg for the future.

I also wonder how the mission kids coming home early might shake things up but I am an optimist so I think the Church will be ramping up missionary efforts in the fall so I think kids will go on missions but they might not serve a full 24 months.
                    Is Rich Kelly hearing from BYU or interested?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      Is Rich Kelly hearing from BYU or interested?
                      I have no clue specifically but a poster on cougar board, BYUprof I think, who tends to have some insight into hoops program mentioned him in a senior transfer thread as somebody BYU had a shot at. I read up on him and my understanding is he is looking for a higher profile program that also has a good MBA program. Utah is a long way from Connecticut, and he is a NE Catholic Irish boy and my understanding is Notre Dame wants him so it might be a long shot, but with him and Isaiah White along with the other returners BYU might be an enticing fit. A chance to be a key playmaker on a team that plays a fun system and might be good enough to win a game in the tourney while also getting an MBA from a good business school. We shall see. I will say this about Pope, I think the fellow is really smart and really competitive. Let it be the two I mentioned or others but I really believe he will find a couple of players that helps BYU to a successful year.
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• When I saw the name Rich Kelly, I first thought of this guy.
                        RichKelly.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                          When I saw the name Rich Kelly, I first thought of this guy.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]10086[/ATTACH]
                          Funny. I remember him being #44. Must have changed when Eaton arrived? Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            Funny. I remember him being #44. Must have changed when Eaton arrived? Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Kelly is going to BC according to reports.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• I'll put this here.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• what a weird guy with a strange trip from ohio state commit to whatever benedictine u mesa is.
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X