bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    I took it to mean that after Lohner committed, Pope and the boys had a great season.
    Exactly.

Comment

• Rumors swirling that Brandon Averette is the next piece coming as a grad transfer. Fun player who played at UVU the last year and first two seasons at Oklahoma State. He's quick and looks like a useful point guard.

Last 8 games at UVU he averaged 15.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3 apg, 51.1% fg, 41% 3p

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Rumors swirling that Brandon Averette is the next piece coming as a grad transfer. Fun player who played at UVU the last year and first two seasons at Oklahoma State. He's quick and looks like a useful point guard.

Last 8 games at UVU he averaged 15.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3 apg, 51.1% fg, 41% 3p
        Supposedly his paperwork is being approved through the interminably long grad transfer student process. That's certainly possible as BYU does nothing swiftly.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• https://www.si.com/college/byu/news/...byu-basketball

Another transfer target has emerged for BYU basketball - things are trending in the right direction between BYU and Brandon Averette. Averette is a graduate transfer from UVU who averaged 12.8 points on 45.8% shooting last season. He also averaged 3 assists and 2 rebounds per game in his only season at UVU. (Sports Reference) Averette played his first two seasons of college basketball at Oklahoma State before transferring and committing to Mark Pope when he was at UVU.

Quickness

The first thing that Averette would bring is quickness and an ability to beat his man off the dribble. Averette is listed at 5'11, so he relies on his quickness to create space. Paired with reliable handles, Averette is very difficult to contain on the perimeter.

Scoring

BYU will have a lot of talented pieces on the roster, but BYU is lacking a proven scorer at the D1 level. Averette isn't a guy who could average 20 points per game, but he would be a consistent scorer and a guy who could average 11-13 points per game at BYU.

Creating

Averette fits a need on BYU's roster - he can create shots for himself and for his teammates. BYU is loaded along the front court and a player like Averette would help maximize the potential of BYU's front court. Like I mentioned above, Averette is quick and is able to penetrate opposing defenses which opens passing windows to the big guys down low.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Reminds me a little of Tony Parker. Fantastic near the rim and a whole lot of work to do from deep. At the very least, he could really excel at getting our shooters open looks.

Comment

• Seems like there's definitely an opportunity for him on this roster. Don't see anyone else with his skillset.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I am getting really excited about this basketball team. Now we all need to fast and pray for no injuries.

Comment

• Cool. And hair cut above the ears!

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Hooray

Comment

• Woohoo! Narrowed down to 15, and we made it!

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• it would feel a tad better if he hadn't also included denver.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          it would feel a tad better if he hadn't also included denver.
                          LOL - I had that thought too. Denver sticks out like a sore thumb on that list.

I also thought about cracking on Western Kentucky but then realized that my criticism of their program might hit a little bit too close to my BYU home.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                            LOL - I had that thought too. Denver sticks out like a sore thumb on that list.

I also thought about cracking on Western Kentucky but then realized that my criticism of their program might hit a little bit too close to my BYU home.
                            yeah, i thought about wku as well, but they've had a pretty good program the last few years under the current coach.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Jake Wahlin commits.

Had offers from ASU and SDSU.

Videos look like a tall skinny kid, who might even look a bit like Lee Cummard who plays pretty well both inside and outside. Can shoot and handle the ball pretty well. Some rankings have him top 150.

He is also going on a mission out of high school.
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                                Jake Wahlin commits.

Had offers from ASU and SDSU.

Videos look like a tall skinny kid, who might even look a bit like Lee Cummard who plays pretty well both inside and outside. Can shoot and handle the ball pretty well. Some rankings have him top 150.

He is also going on a mission out of high school.
                                I think that's a nice get. He's a little taller than Cummard and without the toughness, but he's young maybe he'll develop that. Cummard's probably a good comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X