bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    "I don't know if I'm at his [Fredette's] level, but we're similar, I think."

Uh, no, you're not.
    Not even close and the comparisons are really lame. I watched this kids highlight video and he might have been playing against seriously the worst high school basketball competition I have ever seen. In fact I put money right now that the deacons team in my ward can beat his team.

He may end up being decent as UNLV needs shooters but Fredette he is not. I will say I am intrigued by him and would be half tempted to boot Martineau to give this kid a shot.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Not even close and the comparisons are really lame. I watched this kids highlight video and he might have been playing against seriously the worst high school basketball competition I have ever seen. In fact I put money right now that the deacons team in my ward can beat his team.

He may end up being decent as UNLV needs shooters but Fredette he is not. I will say I am intrigued by him and would be half tempted to boot Martineau to give this kid a shot.
      And he thinks he'll be able to workout and stay in shape while on a mission. LOL.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Nice article but does this mean that Harvey married his own cousin?

Lola is Tongan and has several cousins who play in the NFL, including Bears reserve running back Harvey Unga and Kansas City Chiefs tight end Tony Moeaki.
        *Banned*

Comment

No mention of BYU.

Duke is just one of the schools on Jabari's current "list," along with Michigan State, Kansas, Illinois and Washington. Jabari and his father Sonny, a former NBA player who runs a youth foundation and a summer league in the city, said he won't give his commitment until he signs his official letter of intent during his senior year.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I highly doubt this kid truly thinks of himself as being on Fredette's level. Just a young kid giving a poor answer to that question. I think you have to look at what he's done in AAU in both Vegas and in Utah. The kid can play against great competition too and I, like you, wish we'd have given him a shot. I'm admittedly biased though as I grew up with his dad and uncles all of whom were stars in Oregon and then later in Nevada. There's a decent chance that Vandelay played against Dantley's dad back in the day.

Comment

Rumor has it BYU will be getting some more good news today. This time regarding a big time recruit. I think we will love this kid.
              *Banned*

Comment

Rumor has it BYU will be getting some more good news today. This time regarding a big time recruit. I think we will love this kid.
                If so, I'm predicting Chapman. If not Chapman, then Loveridge.

Comment

Does his name start with J and rhyme with Atari?

:fingerscrossed:
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

http://twitter.com/#!/JordanLoveridge

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                      Does his name start with J and rhyme with Atari?

:fingerscrossed:
                      If it were him, it would have been a huge understatement to describe it as "good news" and "I think we will love this kid."
                      Last edited by Jacob; 08-26-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Awesome. Chapman is already in the bag anyway. But Loveridge gives us a little (but not a lot) of size that we are desperately in need of. Based on the current roster, he's a 4 for us, but there are indications he could be a 3 if we had big men.

Comment

i just like that he is sticking it to Stu
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                            If it were him, it would have been a huge understatement to describe it as "good news" and "I think BYU fans will like him."
                            CJ is known for subtlety.
                            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                              If so, I'm predicting Chapman. If not Chapman, then Loveridge.
                              congrats.

Pretty disappointing and devastating recruiting loss for Utah fans that were hoping to see their program start to turn around.

With Loveridge, Chatman and Parker, you guys are going to be VERY good.

Comment

So this year BYU is looking to land Loveridge and Chapman. Chapman is mission bound out of HS, so BYU's roster next year will be:

Davies - SR
                                Rogers - SR
                                Zylstra - SR
                                Martineau - SR
                                Collinsworth - JR
                                Carlino - SO
                                Haws - SO
                                Sharp - SO
                                Harrison - SO
                                Austin - SO
                                Winder - SO
                                Harward - FR
                                Loveridge - FR

So unless either Zylstra or Martineau give up the sport after this year, BYU is done recruiting for this year. Who is BYU targetting for 2012-2013 recruiting year? My understanding is BYU has hoops offers out to the following rising JRs Talon Shumway, Nick Emery and Jabari Parker. Is BYU recruiting anyone else?
                                Last edited by Goatnapper'96; 08-26-2011, 10:19 AM.
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X