No announcement yet.

bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen Bernardo Da Silva play? What are your impressions? What should we expect from him at BYU?

I'm guessing that nobody here has seen Shengzhe Li in action, but, if so, I'd like to hear what you think about him, too.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Has anyone seen Bernardo Da Silva play? What are your impressions? What should we expect from him at BYU?

I'm guessing that nobody here has seen Shengzhe Li in action, but, if so, I'd like to hear what you think about him, too.
      I have played pickup ball against Bernardo. Also ironically played pickleball against him. I have seen him play a few times.

He is lean.

Even though he is 6'9 he does not play with his back to the basket. He shoots a lot of face up jumpers. Almost everything is midrange. If he gets it in the post, he is going to face up.

He is a good passer. But not a great rebounder.

HIs midrange game is smooth, but he doesn't have range to the 3pt line.

I think hes a project.
      *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        I have played pickup ball against Bernardo. Also ironically played pickleball against him. I have seen him play a few times.

He is lean.

Even though he is 6'9 he does not play with his back to the basket. He shoots a lot of face up jumpers. Almost everything is midrange. If he gets it in the post, he is going to face up.

He is a good passer. But not a great rebounder.

HIs midrange game is smooth, but he doesn't have range to the 3pt line.

I think hes a project.
        How are his hops?

Comment

• I agree that he’s a project. I also think he’s an access point to Madi Sissoko.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
            I agree that he’s a project. I also think he’s an access point to Madi Sissoko.
            just noticed Richie Saunders, who starred at Riverton as a sophomore has transferred to Wasatch Acadamy - maybe they can pull him in as well. though something tells me he made the move to WA in order to increase his visibility so he can go bigger/better.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              just noticed Richie Saunders, who starred at Riverton as a sophomore has transferred to Wasatch Acadamy - maybe they can pull him in as well. though something tells me he made the move to WA in order to increase his visibility so he can go bigger/better.
              I think a couple of WA guys went to LPHS and a couple of LP guys went to Wasatch with Evans replacing Condie. It’s a weird world out there.

Comment

• Maybe I’m missing something but Jeremy Dowdell at Olympus seems like the real deal to me.

Went to the game against Skyline yesterday and the dude was shooting it like Klay Thompson. Rylan Jones had his usual great game but nobody would watch that game and not think Dowdell is the better player.

NBA range 3s in traffic when being crowded by a 6’6” defender? No problem. Layups and runners in traffic? The dude never missed.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he has a lot of success at a D-1 program eventually even though it looks like his offers are just Air Force and Dixie State? I don’t get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                  Maybe I’m missing something but Jeremy Dowdell at Olympus seems like the real deal to me.

Went to the game against Skyline yesterday and the dude was shooting it like Klay Thompson. Rylan Jones had his usual great game but nobody would watch that game and not think Dowdell is the better player.

NBA range 3s in traffic when being crowded by a 6’6” defender? No problem. Layups and runners in traffic? The dude never missed.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he has a lot of success at a D-1 program eventually even though it looks like his offers are just Air Force and Dixie State? I don’t get it.
                  What is his upside? Does he exhibit athleticism? Is he a finished player with no room for improvement?
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    Is he a finished player with no room for improvement?
                    WTF? What kind of question is that? Besides dumb, I mean.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Maybe I’m missing something but Jeremy Dowdell at Olympus seems like the real deal to me.

I'm amazed he shoots as well as he does with his shot.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Had the exact same thoughts watching him earlier this year against my son's team. He hit seven three pointers in one quarter. A couple of them were circus type shots six feet behind the line fall away with hand in his face type. He was so hot, he was just flinging it every time he touched it and they were all going in. Averages 29.5 a game. He's been doing it since he's a sophomore. To me, Rylan Jones is by far the better player. Rylan is the best Utah high school basketball player I've ever watched, including the Lone Peak boys. His court vision combined with how smooth he is with the ball is unreal. But Dowdell seems like an obvious D1 player. I can't believe he doesn't have better offers. This year I've seen the Timpview kid with scholarship to BYU and the kid from Ridgeline the new school in Logan with scholarship to USU and I would take Dowdell in a heartbeat over those two.

Comment

and that's basically how it is every game. iirc, he had 28 in that game and it was the first time he'd scored less than 30 in a long time. but i do agree with surfah that the shooting stroke is a little strange - but yeah, it goes in. the only explanation i have is that he's smallish for an off guard, fairly thick - athletic upside isn't great. but he's consistently the best player on that team and has to be the best scorer in the state right now.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• and speaking of recruits, wasatch academy played in a tournament at Montverde this past weekend, won their first game and then got taken to the woodshed in their last two games of the tourney. surprising as i thought this might be their best team, but bernardo da silva was pretty much non-existent. he's been an afterthought mostly on that team over the course of the entire year, but they've been blowing people out, so i've never thought much of it. but when they needed somebody to step up against great competition, apparently he wasn't up to the task.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              I'm amazed he shoots as well as he does with his shot.
                              His shot looks a little weird in the video on Maxpreps but it looks a little more conventional and polished now.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Dowdell ends up at UVU and torches BYU for 30 in a few years.

Comment

Bump. He’s coming to BYU (after mission) and I predict that he will eventually be a starter or at least a solid contributor.

Comment

Working...
                                X