bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bb recruiting

Outside of Harrison, who has byu offered? I know of Brett Kingma. It looks like it is going to be tough to keep him away from Oregon, Washington and or even Gonzaga,

There is some 6-10 center out of Indiana, dont know if he has an offer.
    Tyrone Corbin's kid may get an offer.

Anyone have anything to add? bball recruirting goes underreported

Kingma is taking his official visit to Eugene in 2 weeks. With the state of Oregon basketball right now I would be shocked to see him end up here, players leaving, not winning, things are in chaos. I'll post any report given of his trip.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Harrison took his official recruiting trip to BYU this weekend and attended the BYU/UW game with members of the BB team. Conveniently, his next recruiting trip is scheduled for 9/18 at Florida State. You think his FSU hosts will take him to the game?
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
        Harrison took his official recruiting trip to BYU this weekend and attended the BYU/UW game with members of the BB team. Conveniently, his next recruiting trip is scheduled for 9/18 at Florida State. You think his FSU hosts will take him to the game?
        Do you think these are his hosts(esses)?

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Do you think these are his hosts(esses)?

I hope they find cuter girls than that. Sterger needs a serious nose job.
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Pretty dang good lookin smiles if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              I didn't notice. Did she have a nose?
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Kingma is a Duck, not sure how it effects (or is that one affects?) BYU, but to a Duck program that has been basically destroyed over the last 6 months this is some good news.
                http://oregon.scout.com/2/1005817.html
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

With Kingma going to Oregon and BYU snagging Harrison, who is the last piece of the class? Anyone know who their targets might be? I hoping they agressively go after a juco combo guard.

Comment

BYU is looking at a number of possible pgs in the class of 2011. Kingma was the best of the group. Ty Corbin is the next best in the group but has not yet received an offer (presumably while BYU waited on Kingma). Corbin is 6-1 and has good skills and game awareness. Similar to Corbin is Corbin Miller from Brighton High. Miller is another 6-1 pg who BYU has not offered while waiting on Kingma. Miller, like Corbin, has a number of good offers on the table.

I don't expect Jared Smoot of Indiana will get an offer. Not only is he a project, he is not one of the slender F/C types we have been offering. He is built in the mode of a pure center and will probably end up at Utah or at one of the Indiana schools.

Comment

Class of 2012 is highlighted by two interesting prospects. The primary target is Roscoe Allen. Out of Bishop Gorman, Allen is a Lee Cummard clone but is not LDS. Allen would be a huge get and frankly, I don't see us getting him. My bet is the WCC shift will cost us this kid.

We are also looking at Shabazz Muhammad of Bishop Gorman but I don't believe Muhammad is looking at us.

Jordan Chatman is a much better chance than either of the Gorman products. He is the son of Jeff Chatman and has been scoring in bunches since he entered HS. He is 6-4 with long arms and a deep stroke. He is perfect for our system and seems like he will be the best pick up in the class.

I expect we will also go after West Jordan's Jordan Loveridge if he continues to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                        Class of 2012 is highlighted by two interesting prospects. The primary target is Roscoe Allen. Out of Bishop Gorman, Allen is a Lee Cummard clone but is not LDS. Allen would be a huge get and frankly, I don't see us getting him. My bet is the WCC shift will cost us this kid.

We are also looking at Shabazz Muhammad of Bishop Gorman but I don't believe Muhammad is looking at us.

Jordan Chatman is a much better chance than either of the Gorman products. He is the son of Jeff Chatman and has been scoring in bunches since he entered HS. He is 6-4 with long arms and a deep stroke. He is perfect for our system and seems like he will be the best pick up in the class.

I expect we will also go after West Jordan's Jordan Loveridge if he continues to develop.
                        My buddy is an assistant high school coach for a team that smoked Bishop Gorman this past year. I need to get the BYU coaches down there visiting my his team. When I told him BYU was looking at some of the kids on the BG roster, he said he wasn't too impressed with them.
                        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                        —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post

Shabazz is an ultra-elite prospect. When Roy Williams is flying to Vegas to recruit a kid, he's not going to even sniff BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                            My buddy is an assistant high school coach for a team that smoked Bishop Gorman this past year. I need to get the BYU coaches down there visiting my his team. When I told him BYU was looking at some of the kids on the BG roster, he said he wasn't too impressed with them.
                            Your buddy coaches for Findlay Prep?

Findlay is obviously loaded, mostly with players that would never ever consider BYU. But I find it hard to believe he still wouldn't have been impressed with Shabazz or Allen given the list of college teams that are impressed enough to offer scholarships to those two so far.

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                              Send coach an email. I sent coach an email one time with information regarding a couple players that I thought were good and that I knew were LDS. He was in the home of one of them and put an offer on the table within two weeks of my email. If you have a contact within our recruiting sphere (LDS or mountain west region) coach will have someone look at the recommendation.

One the subject of Roscoe and Shabazz, your buddy might be the only person not impressed with them. They are highly rated by almost every recruiting service. That doesn't mean they are can't miss but they have definitely been evaluated by many different people who all thought they could play.

Comment

Working...
                              X