bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Bump. He’s coming to BYU (after mission) and I predict that he will eventually be a starter or at least a solid contributor.
    agreed. i think he is being underrated. he's not your average HS shooting star. he's a uniquely great shooter with a quick release. will he still be after his mission? that is the question. when i hear a kid is doing the mish, i always temper my expectations.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      Bump. He’s coming to BYU (after mission) and I predict that he will eventually be a starter or at least a solid contributor.
      Walk-on or scholarship?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        Walk-on or scholarship?
        Sounds like a PWO spot (at least at first).

Comment

• I read something on Twitter today that he told the coaching staff he'd rather pay his own way if the scholarship allows them to go out and get someone big.

Comment

• seems like a good sign if players who could get a scholarship to play somewhere else are willing to walk on for us. So far Pope seems to be successfully winning over the recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              seems like a good sign if players who could get a scholarship to play somewhere else are willing to walk on for us. So far Pope seems to be successfully winning over the recruits.
              Agree. That's a great pick up for a walk on.

Comment

• When will the NCAA deny Harward's request for a waiver? I am pretty bully on next year's squad to be about as good as the Dave Rose teams through Jimmer's SO year but if Harward plays I think BYU could be good enough to win a 1st round game.

Is there any schedule or consistency as to when the NCAA rules on these types of things? I am assuming Harward doesn't have a prayer but perhaps he does.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                  When will the NCAA deny Harward's request for a waiver? I am pretty bully on next year's squad to be about as good as the Dave Rose teams through Jimmer's SO year but if Harward plays I think BYU could be good enough to win a 1st round game.

Is there any schedule or consistency as to when the NCAA rules on these types of things? I am assuming Harward doesn't have a prayer but perhaps he does.
                  My observation is that most of the time the NCAA seems to say no. When they grant the waiver it's usually because the kid is losing a scholarship at their current school like when we had that player who transferred to Clemson after his scholarship was given to someone else because he thought he was going on a mission, or if there is a pretty severe hardship situation like they have an ailing parent in another state they want to be closer to, etc. I don't know what Harward's case could be that would make it different than just another garden variety transfer. His coach left, but dozens of coaches do that every year, and to this point the NCAA has not yet allowed easy transfers under that scenario.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 07-10-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Caleb loehner picks Utah.

That sucks. Hard. What a terrible choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      Caleb loehner picks Utah.

That sucks. Hard. What a terrible choice.
                      He'll transfer after a year to some other program.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Lohner is a huge miss for BYU and Pope. Especially with him choosing utah over the Y. Lohner is going to be very, very good. hell, he already is. just need to get him playing college ball.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          Lohner is a huge miss for BYU and Pope. Especially with him choosing utah over the Y. Lohner is going to be very, very good. hell, he already is. just need to get him playing college ball.
                          Even if not BYU, he had MUCH better choices than Utah available.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            Even if not BYU, he had MUCH better choices than Utah available.
                            yep. had he chosen kansas, i don't think i'd be so bummed - wouldn't even have seen it as a loss. i honestly think he's a 5 star talent, but by choosing utah, he obviously sees himself as about a 3 star talent, which makes me think byu did have a chance and they did in fact lose him.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Lohner is a huge miss for BYU and Pope. Especially with him choosing utah over the Y. Lohner is going to be very, very good. hell, he already is. just need to get him playing college ball.
                              Why did he pick Utah? This is a really odd choice. I could see why Jordan Loveridge picked Utah but I am really surprised BYU missed on this one.
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

yep. had he chosen kansas, i don't think i'd be so bummed - wouldn't even have seen it as a loss. i honestly think he's a 5 star talent, but by choosing utah, he obviously sees himself as about a 3 star talent, which makes me think byu did have a chance and they did in fact lose him.
                                Who knows, maybe he and Pope just didn't hit it off. But if he does only see himself as a 3 star talent and he's therefore looking for a small pond he can be a big fish in, maybe that isn't ideal for BYU or Pope's style either.

Comment

Working...
                                X