Max Hall Looking Good in AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Hall Looking Good in AZ

He's making a push to be the Cardinals backop QB. He got a lot of playing time in their last pre-season game and looked pretty good. In a newspaper poll, 75% want him as the backup. I don't think Leinert has what it takes for the pros.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...preseason.html
    "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

I'm really surprised Max is looking this good. The way he struggled with fast defenses led me to believe he'd get eaten alive by NFL defenses, even in the preseason. That might still be the case, but I'm happy to hear he's been playing so well.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

max has cojones, I wish Beck had his confidence.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

I was very pleasantly surprised at his performance last night. It seemed like his teammates have confidence in him, too. They seemed to pick it up a notch when he was in, compared to when either Leinart or the other rookie were in. That's huge.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          I'm really surprised Max is looking this good. The way he struggled with fast defenses led me to believe he'd get eaten alive by NFL defenses, even in the preseason. That might still be the case, but I'm happy to hear he's been playing so well.
          Now he has fast receivers and RBs around him to compete with those fast defenses. Crazy what a difference that makes.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Same.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Cardinals to release Matt Leinart, ESPN is reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                Cardinals to release Matt Leinart, ESPN is reporting.
                Just saw that. Looks like Max will stick with the Cards and may have a chance to play.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Max has a decent shot at some playing time this season. His chief rival, Anderson, doesn't look that great. I wouldn't be suprised if the Cards trade for a QB.
                  "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

Comment

Max is looking more and more like a backup QB for AZ. I quote from the following article about Leinert's release:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...es-boivin.html

"In some ways, Saturday's move was as much about backup Max Hall as it was about Leinart. Hall sports a confidence, a swagger. He's not afraid to speak his mind. Whisenhunt respects that.

"Max has played consistently well throughout the preseason and practice," Whisenhunt said. "I understand that the dynamic with regular-season defenses and regular-season games are different, but I am as comfortable as I can be with a rookie as our backup quarterback." Endquote.

Here's another interesting blog on Max from which I'll quote:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/Blog/DanBickley/97717

"The local kid from Mesa almost feels destined to quarterback the Cardinals. The undrafted, undersized free agent was so impressive and so resolute that he climbed all the way to No. 2 on the depth chart. Unless the Cardinals import a veteran quarterback, Hall will be seeing the field in 2010. That will be interesting.

Fans were already chanting Hall's name during the final preseason game. And you can bet that No. 6 will soon be the hot new jersey in town" Endquote.

Comment

The KSL Radio guys told a good Max Hall story. During the game, somebody was interviewing with him, and apparently gave a nice, mature interview. The interviewer was impressed. Shortly thereafter, a coach calls to get him on the phone and rips him a new one, saying he shouldn't be interviewing since he's not a member of the team (yet), and to come to the office to discuss the terms of the fine which he would be getting. When he arrives with his tail between his legs, the coach informs him that the "fine" was all in good fun and that he had made the team.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I really have been impressed by Hall's NFL performance so far. In his first exhibition when he filled in, he showed a lot of poise and looked BETTER than Leinart, who doesn't appear to be cut out for the NFL. In this last game, granted it was all against reserves, he looked solid. Wonder how he would look against some tougher competition.
                        "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
                        -John Heisman

Comment

A good read on Hall making the cards,

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/heat...nny-white.html

This was a good part

Whisenhunt said Hall isn't "the Second Coming at the position" but did confirm he's the second quarterback.

And he joked that Hall probably was mad that he wasn't named the starter.

Coincidentally, when we asked White if he was surprised that Hall emerged as the No. 2 guy, he joked, "He probably thinks he should be starting."

Spooky!

"He's definitely not afraid to make a mistake or call a play or get in somebody's face," Whisenhunt said. "There's a little bit of that. He obviously doesn't like Utah very much, either, based on what I've read."

That got a laugh from the assembled media. Hall got in a bit of trouble for once saying of BYU's rival: "I don't like Utah. In fact, I hate them."

Comment

"He's definitely not afraid to make a mistake or call a play or get in somebody's face," Whisenhunt said. "There's a little bit of that. He obviously doesn't like Utah very much, either, based on what I've read."
                            ha! I watched that clip twice yesterday. Still cracks me up. Love it.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Gotta love this bit on Hall from Peter King's column...

Thursday night against Washington, Hall was driving the Cardinals. On one play, he missed an open receiver, the check-down safety receiver, in his progression. And on another play, he took a big hit trying to get a couple of extra yards, instead of going down and protecting himself. When he came over for the two-minute warning, Hall got an earful from Whisenhunt. "Look, you can't miss that checkdown!'' Whisenhunt yelled. "And you can't take a big hit like that! Think out there!''
                              Hall fired back at him: "OK, it happened! I screwed up! Fine! Let's move on!''

By Saturday, Whisenhunt smiled just thinking about it. "You know who that reminds me?'' he said to me over the phone.

"Kurt Warner,'' I said.

"Kurt Warner, that's right,'' he said. "That's something Kurt would have done. Look, I don't know how this will work out. None of us do. I know he's not the ideal size for a quarterback. But Kurt was only an inch or two taller. Max is Drew Brees' size. His decision-making process is well above ordinary for any level of football. That's what makes him so intriguing.''
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                              X