Good solid win Utes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
    No I'm sure this is incorrect. It's that he completely comes undone by pressure.
    Most people here are not saying that.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      Most people here are not saying that.
      Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      But that ranking will unravel quickly if Wynn doesn't learn how to handle pressure. Is that why he didn't look so good in two-a-days--he was playing against a team that could apply some pressure?
      Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      Wynn can't handle pressure.
      Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
      I don't think it is a coincidence that Wynn was less effective when they started putting additional pressure on him.
      Wynn missed a lot of passes, including screens designed to get the ball off quickly, and outside of the throw to Christopher in the 2nd half was largely ineffective. Pressure is about more than just sacks. How many times did Wynn have to throw the ball away/over or under throw a receiver because he felt the heat?
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Wynn loves to throw off his back foot and is not good under pressure.
      Define most.

Comment

Define most.
        And to ignore the fact that his numbers also dropped when Pitt started putting pressure on is also asinine.

Comment

Define most.
          after you define "the same." No one said he came "completely undone." Do you really think the pressure had nothign to do wiht it?
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

And to ignore the fact that his numbers also dropped when Pitt started putting pressure on is also asinine.
            You said yourself that he missed passes when he was under pressure. When you can't find a guy a short distance away on a screen pass and you have a sprained thumb, what do you think explains it best? We're not talking about he got under pressure and did things that were stupid as a result (though he did do a few dumb things such as the interception). At least not that I saw.

Not many QBs do better under pressure, that is a given. But I think he did fine considering the injury. His stats bare that out. Competing 58%, getting three TDs, one turnover, against a ranked opponent with a good defensive while you're injured I think is not too bad.

Comment

his int came on a blitz.
              *Banned*

Comment

You said yourself that he missed passes when he was under pressure. When you can't find a guy a short distance away on a screen pass and you have a sprained thumb, what do you think explains it best? We're not talking about he got under pressure and did things that were stupid as a result (though he did do a few dumb things such as the interception). At least not that I saw.

Not many QBs do better under pressure, that is a given. But I think he did fine considering the injury. His stats bare that out. Competing 58%, getting three TDs, one turnover, against a ranked opponent with a good defensive while you're injured I think is not too bad.
                So you are really talking to the people who think he did worse than "not too bad?" Well, that is a ltitle different, eh?
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  after you define "the same." No one said he came "completely undone." Do you really think the pressure had nothign to do wiht it?
                  I think that BYU fans want very badly to minimize anything good that at Utah player does, particularly a quarterback. Max Hall had a great game last night, BTW.

Comment

So you are really talking to the people who think he did worse than "not too bad?" Well, that is a ltitle different, eh?
                    Like I said to Sizzle, hopefully we can have Cain ready for next week.

Comment

I think that BYU fans want very badly to minimize anything good that at Utah player does, particularly a quarterback. Max Hall had a great game last night, BTW.
                      I suppose so, and that is natural. But you arent really helpoing by reducing their comments, which have some validity, into an exaggeration you can beat up. Wynn did well. He worries me. But I recall from the Utah game alst year that after his clock was cleaned he was not quite the same in that game. THat's not a knock on him, as anyone would be a little gun shy at that point. But it is still a valid observation just like noting last night that he had some difficulty dealing wiht pressure.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I am still waiting to be convinced that Wynn can handle pressure well, but I am optimistic. Whitt says Jordan is the smartest, quickest study he's ever coached. Besides, Brian Johnson had happy feet when he was a sophomore, and he got over that.

Last night I could not understand the screen pass that Jordan threw into the turf, but a sprained thumb seems like a good explanation. If he had completed that, the Utes could have run 30-40 seconds off the clock.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I suppose so, and that is natural. But you arent really helpoing by reducing their comments, which have some validity, into an exaggeration you can beat up. Wynn did well. He worries me. But I recall from the Utah game alst year that after his clock was cleaned he was not quite the same in that game. THat's not a knock on him, as anyone would be a little gun shy at that point. But it is still a valid observation just like noting last night that he had some difficulty dealing wiht pressure.
                          It is equally valid to observe that he seemed to be less accurate the further the sun went down. I think he was hurt. I said so when it happened and made the observation through out the rest of the same. I'll re-watch but my recollection is that he had a tough time making the throws when pressured (and when not pressured, actually) as opposed to he got panicky and did dumb things. That sounds like injury to me. So far that has not really even been acknowledged.

Comment

It is equally valid to observe that he seemed to be less accurate the further the sun went down. I think he was hurt. I said so when it happened and made the observation through out the rest of the same. I'll re-watch but my recollection is that he had a tough time making the throws when pressured (and when not pressured, actually) as opposed to he got panicky and did dumb things. That sounds like injury to me. So far that has not really even been acknowledged.
                            Sounds like excuses to me, Utefans want him to succeed so bad that he can do no wrong.
                            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              Sounds like excuses to me, Utefans want him to succeed so bad that he can do no wrong.
                              We just have faith in him. College football fans gotta believe!
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

The biggest criticism I think that one could make about Wynn is that he throws the type of late, fluttery passes when under pressure, that can lead to picks. That is what happened on his int last night.

He did make some puzzlingly bad throws in the second half that may have been a result of a hurt thumb, but the tendency to throw under pressure is not a product of the thumb injury. Also, the fact that he looked very nervous in the pocket a few times would give one the impression that he struggles when under pressure.

And frankly, what quarterback doesn't?

Comment

Working...
                                X