X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
    Texas.

[YOUTUBE]td-KKmcYtrM[/YOUTUBE]
    Dude that's a pleasant family dinner. But it's still pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      He's having a pretty damn good year and teaming up well in that backcourt with Jeremy Lin.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
        Are you a stake basketball commissioner?

via a galaxy s3 far far away
        I am an admin warrior.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

clearly I've missed all sorts of things in my absence. Didn't realize you couldn't post for banned posters. Unfortunate.
          what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            There's a couple billboard signs on my drive home that make me laugh and this is one of them:

I believe most of the lawyers on this board are good guys and good lawyers but lawyers in general have a bad rep and I tend to think it's due to people like Chad Pinkerton.
            The concept of personal injury exists here but my dealings and travel to the States has left me with the impression that tort related to injury is more prevalent on your side of the Atlantic than in the U.K.

I have seen numerous advertisements, particularly on television in New York, for such services. They all seem to be rather the same: you have been maligned, you might be the little person in the fight, we will help you.

I fail to see how this fellow's advertisement is any different from the them of the rest. Rather, it seems he conveys precisely the message he needs to those who have been injured. It is his business , as it were, to propagandise his services thus, correct?

I am new here and there are a lot of things I fancy about this place, but taking blows at others is bad karma, mate, and seems unbecoming of a place that would like to be thought of as a community, particularly one that may not be affiliated formally with our church, but will always be loosely considered as such.

This applies far more to other postings I have read here than this but it struck me as I read this that this place seems to have veered far away from community in many senses. My sojourn here may be short and sporadic, admittedly, but this is my distinct impression of the place.

Would it not be better if we all used our real names? Would that not elevate the tone of discourse here? The fellow you cite uses his name, yet you do not...seems boorish to criticise in anon.
            Last edited by LeedsCougar; 01-10-2013, 02:23 AM. Reason: gremlins in the programme

Comment

Originally posted by HauteCoug View Post
              clearly I've missed all sorts of things in my absence. Didn't realize you couldn't post for banned posters. Unfortunate.
              How is it unfortunate?

He knew what he was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by LeedsCougar View Post
                The concept of personal injury exists here but my dealings and travel to the States has left me with the impression that tort related to injury is more prevalent on your side of the Atlantic than in the U.K....
                Same could probably be said for tort in the US versus Europe.

Friends mother traveled to Europe. She's old and frail - needs a cane to walk. She was going through the automatic doors at a hotel, when they slammed shut suddenly. She was knocked to the ground, hit her head, was bruised in several places and had a slight concussion. Someone at the hotel helped her up. She complained to the hotel manager about the door - and his response was essentially "Yeah, that door is kind of bad. You've got to watch it or it could hurt you."

No scrambling to offer free stays or reduction in her rate. Gotta imagine if this was in the US the door would've been fixed by now and momma would have some new shoes!

Comment

The concept of personal injury exists here but my dealings and travel to the States has left me with the impression that tort related to injury is more prevalent on your side of the Atlantic than in the U.K.

I have seen numerous advertisements, particularly on television in New York, for such services. They all seem to be rather the same: you have been maligned, you might be the little person in the fight, we will help you.

I fail to see how this fellow's advertisement is any different from the them of the rest. Rather, it seems he conveys precisely the message he needs to those who have been injured. It is his business , as it were, to propagandise his services thus, correct?

I am new here and there are a lot of things I fancy about this place, but taking blows at others is bad karma, mate, and seems unbecoming of a place that would like to be thought of as a community, particularly one that may not be affiliated formally with our church, but will always be loosely considered as such.

This applies far more to other postings I have read here than this but it struck me as I read this that this place seems to have veered far away from community in many senses. My sojourn here may be short and sporadic, admittedly, but this is my distinct impression of the place.

Would it not be better if we all used our real names? Would that not elevate the tone of discourse here? The fellow you cite uses his name, yet you do not...seems boorish to criticise in anon.
                  lol. Yes by all means, let's refrain from mocking a random cheesy ambulance chaser billboard.

You make a good point, but you picked a terrible time to make it.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

LOL. I think we all post embarrassing things periodically. I mean- look at your post! ^^ This guy's billboard is embarrassing and funny to look at. Who cares?
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I will have to take a pic of the billboard that I have of myself on I-15. It says simply:

WANT RESULTS?
                      UteStar - Businessman, American Patriot, Lover of Results and Justice

I am shirtless and I have a $1,000 bill in my hand, a bald eagle on my shoulder and an american flag draped over my other shoulder. I don't even need to describe what kind of business services I am selling. My phone has been ringing off the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                        I will have to take a pic of the billboard that I have of myself on I-15. It says simply:

WANT RESULTS?
                        UteStar - Businessman, American Patriot, Lover of Results and Justice

I am shirtless and I have a $1,000 bill in my hand, a bald eagle on my shoulder and an american flag draped over my other shoulder. I don't even need to describe what kind of business services I am selling. My phone has been ringing off the hook.
                        Barf. Nooooobody wants to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          lol. Yes by all means, let's refrain from mocking a random cheesy ambulance chaser billboard.

You make a good point, but you picked a terrible time to make it.
                          I apologise. I don't have much time during the day and chose not to create a new thread in entirety and rather chose this thread, which I admit was not the right place. But the commando chap makes my point rather well. If I had to take a flutter on it, I'd say quite a few here are expert at "road rage".
                          Last edited by LeedsCougar; 01-11-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I apologise. But the commando chap makes my point rather well. If I had to take a flutter on it, I'd say quite a few here are expert at "road rage".
                            I thought your point was to make sure we all think you're from England?
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                            X