Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wee-bay's fake fish in jail?

Omar testifying in court?

D and the guys in prison discussing The Great Gatsby?

This show is too much.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      Wee-bay's fake fish in jail?

Omar testifying in court?

D and the guys in prison discussing The Great Gatsby?

This show is too much.
      You are now hooked. The Wire is unreal, I love this show.
      *Banned*

Comment

Definitely hooked. These things can't get here from Blockbuster online fast enough.

Comment

Definitely hooked. These things can't get here from Blockbuster online fast enough.
          What season are you on? Have you gotten through Season 4? I made the mistake of reading the HBO summaries on line for the last several episodes of Season 3 and it ruined that season for me. I wasn't even interested in getting the last DVD with the final 2-3 episodes. I just started on Season 4 and it was, IMO, the best of the first four seasons and the best season of any TV show ever. I haven't tried Season 5 yet. I again made the decision to read the HBO summaries on the Season 5 episodes, but I have since forgotten the details.

Besides the reality TV craze, I really think this decade could go down as the Golden Age for good TV dramas/crime shows.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I'm 5 episodes into season 2.

Comment

Check that, 7 episodes.

Comment

Check that, 7 episodes.
                season is my least favorite. it all goes uphill from here

Comment

McNulty at the prostitution ring bust was awesome. "You're late!" The Mrs. and I were laughing so hard.

Season 2 is in the books. Not quite as good as season 1, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it and it was certainly a fascinating look at the death of middle class, blue collar America. "We used to build things, we used to make shit, now we just reach into the other guy's pocket."

Man, this show just rips your heart out at every turn. Sometimes I feel like I can't take it anymore, but the show just has so many incredible moments and is such a terrific look at the bleak culture of inner-city America that I continue on, preparing myself for the next Wallace/Ziggy/Sobotka/D'Angelo heartbreak all over again. Just brutal.

Comment

McNulty at the prostitution ring bust was awesome. "You're late!" The Mrs. and I were laughing so hard.

Season 2 is in the books. Not quite as good as season 1, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it and it was certainly a fascinating look at the death of middle class, blue collar America. "We used to build things, we used to make shit, now we just reach into the other guy's pocket."

Man, this show just rips your heart out at every turn. Sometimes I feel like I can't take it anymore, but the show just has so many incredible moments and is such a terrific look at the bleak culture of inner-city America that I continue on, preparing myself for the next Wallace/Ziggy/Sobotka/D'Angelo heartbreak all over again. Just brutal.
                    Just wait until you see Season 4. There are some happy parts and extremely sad parts.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Two nights ago I didn't sleep well because I had a dream Avon Barksdale's crew was trying to get me and I was running from neighborhood to neighborhood. My wife said I'm taking the show too seriously.

Comment

We're plodding along in the middle of season three. Very intrigued by this new character Marlo.

Also, the impending showdown between Stringer and Avon is gripping.

Comment

We have 2 episodes left in season 3. There was a super intense scene between Stringer and Avon a couple episodes back.

And yeah, Marlo, he throws some spice into the mix. Kid is ruthless.

Comment

Wow...what a finish to season 3!

Comment

Episode 11 of season 3 might be the single best episode so far.

Comment

Another thing. If this show was rated, does anything else think it would be NC-17? Some of the nude/sex scenes are beyond what I have seen in R rated films.

Comment

Working...
                                X