Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Climbing is easier than hanging on" - Duck football

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Default "Climbing is easier than hanging on" - Duck football

Costa or Thomas? A decision will come on Saturday, it isn't going to matter much though. Either, neither LaMike and Barner (Lightning and Lightning) are back and learned some speed skills running track in the spring. The D is loaded and deep.

Too bad Sipi and DDD aren't around anymore.

Welcome to the P10 Utah, meet the champs.

[YOUTUBE]R8YkmreRiwA&p[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]E-GOn-TLGrk[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]nPp02JgYNV8[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]ulxUVzLwZks[/YOUTUBE]
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

LaMike left of Doak Walker list. Kind of surprising. Especially when there were like 200 other RBs on the watch list. Also funny is his name and that he explains it as "the Mike." Guess he doesn't understand feminine and masculine.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    LaMike left of Doak Walker list. Kind of surprising. Especially when there were like 200 other RBs on the watch list. Also funny is his name and that he explains it as "the Mike." Guess he doesn't understand feminine and masculine.
    Yeah that was a bit surprising, but when you are in the same conference with Jehova of Montlake and Jackwhizz "Greatest RB to ever play football" Rodgers you take the recognition you can get.

I've never seen LMJ say "the Mike" that was a sign in the student section last season that became a staple after the Cal game.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Yeah that was a bit surprising, but when you are in the same conference with Jehova of Montlake and Jackwhizz "Greatest RB to ever play football" Rodgers you take the recognition you can get.

I've never seen LMJ say "the Mike" that was a sign in the student section last season that became a staple after the Cal game.
    I assumed they got it from him. That's pretty nice for Cal fans.
    -Turtle

Today Colin Cowherd predicted that the University of Oregon Ducks would finish 4th place in the P10. He said the Ducks were overrated. The teams he selected in front of them were, in order: University of Southern California, University of Arizona and Oregon State University.

Do you agree with these predictions? If not, please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Today Colin Cowherd predicted that the University of Oregon Ducks would finish 4th place in the P10. He said the Ducks were overrated. The teams he selected in front of them were, in order: University of Southern California, University of Arizona and Oregon State University.

Do you agree with these predictions? If not, please explain.
    University of Southern California can't win because they are in trouble for allowing their players to be paid, so they don't matter.

University of Arizona are a bunch of chokers with bottle chucking fans, and they play in Autzen this year. They don't worry me.

Oregon State Beavers are going to be a solid team. For the third year in a row I think the Civil War will determine who goes to the Rose Bowl. Jackwhizz and James vs. LMJ and Barner will be another fantastic show. I predict that Oregon State will get into a nude 3-point stance with the game on the line and from the Tazer position Kenjon Barner will make a huge play and win the day. B2B for the Ducks.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

University of Southern California can't win because they are in trouble for allowing their players to be paid, so they don't matter.

University of Arizona are a bunch of chokers with bottle chucking fans, and they play in Autzen this year. They don't worry me.

Oregon State Beavers are going to be a solid team. For the third year in a row I think the Civil War will determine who goes to the Rose Bowl. Jackwhizz and James vs. LMJ and Barner will be another fantastic show. I predict that Oregon State will get into a nude 3-point stance with the game on the line and from the Tazer position Kenjon Barner will make a huge play and win the day. B2B for the Ducks.
    Is there a rivalry game that's determined more the last two years than OSU-Oregon? I guess you could say Alabama-Florida, but I don't think you could call that a true rivalry game. Both schools rank about 3rd-4th on the hate meter of the other.

Oregon is going to be a fun team to watch this year. It is funny to see some of the thoughts from writers and others in the media on this team. Some think they are overrated and others think they are going to run away with the Pac-10 this year. I think it will be a good year for the Ducks. I will try to catch as many Duck games as I can this year.

Darron Thomas it is. Chip says it is great to have an upperclassmen who has put in his time and knows the system as a quality backup.

Dennis Dixon 2.0!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

HFN - you'll be happy to know that my middle son drew Oregon O's during sacrament meeting today. He also drew some Y's but those ended up in the trash.

http://www.nikeblog.com/2009/09/03/c...niform-combos/

Pick your favorite Oregon uniform combo.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

That is pretty cool.

I saw this last offseason. So great.

That said, I think the Civil War unis are awesome.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

I will go with this,

I think Monte Kiffin probably just pooped his pants.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Princeps Inter Pares

Yikes.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

I believe I speak for everyone when I say:

72 points? That's it?
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

I understand it was a Lobo slaughter in Eugene last night. I know UNM is not a powerhouse, but that's a lot of points and methinks it could have been worse. Oregon is scary this year

There is speed, then there is Pac 10 speed.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

We saw it last week, with Locker he was ran down by a backup linebacker.
    *Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    We saw it last week, with Locker he was ran down by a backup linebacker.
    Washington isn't a P10 team. They are one of the teams really excited for Utah and Colorado to join.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

This game was 13-3 at one point? My goodness.

Never a bad day when the Vols get their ass kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by BoylenOver View Post
    This game was 13-3 at one point? My goodness.

Never a bad day when the Vols get their ass kicked.
    Tennessee is better than Oregon. I hear a bunch of Tennessee guys stayed out too late last night. They were tired. Also, it was a late night game, so Oregon was more fresh because they were on Pacific time. Ignore the scoreboard. Tennessee is a lot better than Oregon because the SEC is better than the PAC 10. They play better competition than Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
    Tennessee is better than Oregon. I hear a bunch of Tennessee guys stayed out too late last night. They were tired. Also, it was a late night game, so Oregon was more fresh because they were on Pacific time. Ignore the scoreboard. Tennessee is a lot better than Oregon.
    The grind of the SEC schedule makes it hard to play these OOC games.

Tennessee is better than Oregon. I hear a bunch of Tennessee guys stayed out too late last night. They were tired. Also, it was a late night game, so Oregon was more fresh because they were on Pacific time. Ignore the scoreboard. Tennessee is a lot better than Oregon because the SEC is better than the PAC 10. They play better competition than Oregon.
    Doesn't matter. You either show up or not, one of my really wise friends said that. College kids are 100% into every game and every play.

It does seem that CougarBoard's favorite cry of "Pac 1 and the 9 dwarves" seems apt.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Doesn't matter. You either show up or not, one of my really wise friends said that. College kids are 100% into every game and every play.

It does seem that CougarBoard's favorite cry of "Pac 1 and the 9 dwarves" seems apt.
    Be honest. What would you say to someone trying to make excuses why Tennessee lost and they were sincere in their belief that Tennessee is better despite was the scoreboard says?

Be honest. What would you say to someone trying to make excuses why Tennessee lost and they were sincere in their belief that Tennessee is better despite was the scoreboard says?
    Depends on what they were saying. I can be honest and say that the 70 minute lightning delay was very beneficial for the Ducks. I was saying to ldc that Oregon was still going to win, but I thought BYU was still going to find a way to win with 5 minutes left so I'm not always really smart. The delay was much better for Oregon than Tennessee.

It depends on the cause. I don't think kids care about games the same way. Did some group of the Tennessee players start to think about rival Florida next week and lose focus? This isn't the NFL. These are immature kids that often are only a few months removed from high school. They don't look at every game and every play like a job and with intense focus. The schools that can get their kids to think like that usually end up with a crystal football.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Depends on what they were saying. I can be honest and say that the 70 minute lightning delay was very beneficial for the Ducks. I was saying to ldc that Oregon was still going to win, but I thought BYU was still going to find a way to win with 5 minutes left so I'm not always really smart. The delay was much better for Oregon than Tennessee.

It depends on the cause. I don't think kids care about games the same way. Did some group of the Tennessee players start to think about rival Florida next week and lose focus? This isn't the NFL. These are immature kids that often are only a few months removed from high school. They don't look at every game and every play like a job and with intense focus. The schools that can get their kids to think like that usually end up with a crystal football.
    So maybe we're not too far off in our beliefs. I would say that last year Oregon State had more talented players in most positions, but BYU had a better team.

In 120 minutes of football, the Ducks have 120 points.

Wow.

I know they haven't played anyone great, but damn, you can't help but be impressed anyway. I thought that the Ducks were way overrated coming into the season, but I am thinking I was wrong. With conference play kicking off next week, it still may hold true, but I don't think so. Oregon seems pretty legit.
    -Turtle