Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one room at a time...

This was our hall bathroom...hideous, I know

Then I did what I could since we didn't own the home yet...

And this is what I did yesterday. I've had my eye on this fabric. FN is a big BSU fan, so I think that's why it grabbed me like it did, lol. It's better than having a black and silver bathroom, isn't it? I finally bought the fabric a couple weeks ago. I sat down and sewed my shower curtain yesterday, but when it was all said and done, I wanted to hang the sucker! But I still had pea green walls . So at midnight, I did 2 coats of primer. This morning I was able to get away with one coat of paint while my 3 yo watched Land Before Time. I accented the hand towels, bought a new rug, made a wall hanging and voila!

Oh, and because I can't seem to get my pics to download here (constant issue ), here's the photobucket link. It's a pita, but please look. I'm damn proud of my work. And FN's too.

(I sanded and stained the vanity when I was like 8 months preggo and never got to finishing the doors, which sat outside in a wintry mix and got ruined. Hence the urgency to buy a new one.)

Attached Files
    Last edited by Chachi; 08-11-2010, 09:08 AM.

Just use the IMG code tag that photobucket provides:

Comment

The finished result looks great. I couldn't see the before pics to compare, but I'm sure it's a drastic improvement. I really like the cloth roses on the shower curtain. Very cool.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I fixed the before pics. I have tried the image code and it says invalid file. Not sure why other people can upload my photos but I can't???

Finally figured it out! I was trying to add the attachments, not just copy and paste the stupid link, duh!
        Last edited by Chachi; 08-11-2010, 09:09 AM.

Comment

i would lay a loaf in there for sure
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi View Post
            As you can tell from the plunger at the right-hand side of the commode, I can do work! Actually, the plunger is there to assist in random toys, seashells, large quantities of paper goods and the occasional loufa. Oh the joys of parenthood!!

We will be replacing the vanity and adding some trim around the mirror. I am not sure what I want to do for the vanity top. We are leaning towards granite (most likely a remnant from the local countertop shop) but I really, REALLY, REALLY want to try my hand on a concrete c/top. I was thinking that it would be badass if I can find an antique copper bowl that I could turn into a sink, as well. We will be replacing the shower surround with a bath insert and wall tile. It has been a slow process but it is getting close to where it needs to be.
            I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Working...
            X