No announcement yet.

Official 49ers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB said they were going to go over that game with a fine tooth comb, but I guess they have to say that. Shanahan seemed to agree with what you said, but guess he also has to say that as well.

Think Bosa will be huge, yet expected that from Chase Young in the semi, and looked like Clemson focused on him to take him out of the game. Guess same could happen here, as like you said, AR has seen this all before and will organise accordingly. Bosa might have to focus on putting pressure on Jones to force a fumble due to his inexperience despite being top with 16TD this season! The big game could get him flustered in just his 3rd year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herbie1989 View Post
      GB said they were going to go over that game with a fine tooth comb, but I guess they have to say that. Shanahan seemed to agree with what you said, but guess he also has to say that as well.

Think Bosa will be huge, yet expected that from Chase Young in the semi, and looked like Clemson focused on him to take him out of the game. Guess same could happen here, as like you said, AR has seen this all before and will organise accordingly. Bosa might have to focus on putting pressure on Jones to force a fumble due to his inexperience despite being top with 16TD this season! The big game could get him flustered in just his 3rd year.

Herbie is the most lovable bot since bestellen (RIP).
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Kittle was a full participant at practice today. :willly:

I am getting really nervous, already, for this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          Kittle was a full participant at practice today. :willly:

Bang bang Niner Gang!
          (I may be guilty of blasting this song all week in the presence of my oldest son who is a Packers fan)

Comment

• Think the Packers can get revenge on the early season loss?

The chance of the 49ers stopping Aaron Rodgers twice in a row has seen the line jump up to 46.5. https://www.sportsbetting3.com/nfl-betting

Comment

Kittle was a full participant at practice today. :willly:

I saw this stat on Clay Travis' and Cousin Sal's FS1 show-- in postseason rematches between teams where one team beat the other by more than 20 points in the regular season, the team that won the game in the regular season is something like 14-3 straight up and 12-5 vs the spread.

I know you're probably getting a much small sample size, but I would imagine that advantage becomes more extreme when you go to 24 or 28 points.

Jimmy G can throw some picks, there could be some catastrophic injuries, there could be some fluky plays like at the beginning of the Houston @ KC game (blocked punts, muffed kickoffs/punts, etc). That's kind of stating the obvious.
              Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 01-17-2020, 02:07 PM.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                I saw this stat on Clay Travis' and Cousin Sal's FS1 show-- in postseason rematches between teams where one team beat the other by more than 20 points in the regular season, the team that won the game in the regular season is something like 3-14 straight up and 5-12 vs the spread.

I know you're probably getting a much small sample size, but I would imagine that advantage becomes more extreme when you go to 24 or 28 points.

Jimmy G can throw some picks, there could be some catastrophic injuries, there could be some fluky plays like at the beginning of the Houston @ KC game (blocked punts, muffed kickoffs/punts, etc). That's kind of stating the obvious.
                You aren't helping.

Comment

You aren't helping.
                  Psyche, I just edited my post. Lol. No, I didn't intentionally screw that up. The winning team during the regular season is 14-3 straight up. And I think it's not just post-season, but in conference championship games.

Here's the clip

Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 01-17-2020, 02:10 PM.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Ha, that's better.

Comment

• George Kittle is a national treasure.

Head coach Kyle Shanahan said Kittle has never requested a specific pass play during a game, but he approaches him about “every seven plays” about run plays that should be dialed up. “The run plays he suggests are kind of half-thoughts,” Shanahan said. “They are more to how he can hit someone. ‘Let me go get this guy,’ and then I’ve got to figure out what run play allows him to do that.”
                      And

“When you can hear their soul leave their body, that’s a great feeling. I had a couple of those in college. When you can feel like the ‘uhhhh’ in their exhale. Yeah, you can’t get up from that one.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                        George Kittle is a national treasure.
                        Major lol at "When you can hear their soul leave their body, that’s a great feeling." Not sure I've ever heard that sentence before.

BTW, last night we were surprised but happy when a couple sat next to us at a local eatery--we'd socialized in the past but hadn't seen them in months after they moved to a nearby stake. It was Greg Clark and his wife. Greg was an excellent 49er tight end 20 years ago, having played at Ricks and Stanford. While we were eating, the television at the adjacent bar was showing 49er highlights from previous games with Green Bay, including a couple games (my favorite was the one where Steve Young threw the winning TD pass to TO) in which Greg caught two touchdown passes. He wasn't paying attention to the tv while it was on though, preferring to talk about Sunday's game and non-football stuff. He expressed gratitude his ward switched two weeks ago to the early schedule so he can get to his tailgate on time.

He's a big fan of Kittle, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Major lol at "When you can hear their soul leave their body, that’s a great feeling." Not sure I've ever heard that sentence before.

BTW, last night we were surprised but happy when a couple sat next to us at a local eatery--we'd socialized in the past but hadn't seen them in months after they moved to a nearby stake. It was Greg Clark and his wife. Greg was an excellent 49er tight end 20 years ago, having played at Ricks and Stanford. While we were eating, the television at the adjacent bar was showing 49er highlights from previous games with Green Bay, including a couple games (my favorite was the one where Steve Young threw the winning TD pass to TO) in which Greg caught two touchdown passes. He wasn't paying attention to the tv while it was on though, preferring to talk about Sunday's game and non-football stuff. He expressed gratitude his ward switched two weeks ago to the early schedule so he can get to his tailgate on time.

He's a big fan of Kittle, of course.
                          His younger brother got one of the dirtiest cheap shots I ever took in a football game on me in the last game I played. He grabbed me by my shoulder pads and fell onto his back with knee elevated and targeted right between my legs.

I laid on the ground for a bit. It was not a fun experience. So that’s what I think of when I hear “Greg Clark” the pride of Viewmont High.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                            His younger brother got one of the dirtiest cheap shots I ever took in a football game on me in the last game I played. He grabbed me by my shoulder pads and fell onto his back with knee elevated and targeted right between my legs.

I laid on the ground for a bit. It was not a fun experience. So that’s what I think of when I hear “Greg Clark” the pride of Viewmont High.
                            Ha, the younger bro also lived nearby and was an annoying Ute fan at a BYU/Utah game we watched together at (another name drop coming) John Madden's viewing room here in town.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/qEmiYviPhXk

I love that Warner is such a big part of this team. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Ha, the younger bro also lived nearby and was an annoying Ute fan at a BYU/Utah game we watched together at (another name drop coming) John Madden's viewing room here in town.
                                That younger bro is an annoying Ute (is there any other kind?) is NOT surprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X