No announcement yet.

Official 49ers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jimmy winning thing is turning into too much of a good thing. The Rams are all but throwing this game, probably because they don't want to play a pissed off Seahawks team in the first round (possibly) and they know that Philly sucks right now and the #4 seed gives them a possible divisional game against them.

The Niners currently have the #8 pick and that would go to #7 because Denver is playing KC's scrubs this weekend. #7 is good enough to still land a player like Chubb or Barkley or even trade back if Darnold comes out which means he and Rosen go in the top two. Some dumb team might talk themselves into Baker Mayfield right around the #7 pick.

But another win will see them slide to around #11, where they'll have no shot at the best pass rusher in this class, Chubb.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      The Jimmy winning thing is turning into too much of a good thing. The Rams are all but throwing this game, probably because they don't want to play a pissed off Seahawks team in the first round (possibly) and they know that Philly sucks right now and the #4 seed gives them a possible divisional game against them.

The Niners currently have the #8 pick and that would go to #7 because Denver is playing KC's scrubs this weekend. #7 is good enough to still land a player like Chubb or Barkley or even trade back if Darnold comes out which means he and Rosen go in the top two. Some dumb team might talk themselves into Baker Mayfield right around the #7 pick.

But another win will see them slide to around #11, where they'll have no shot at the best pass rusher in this class, Chubb.
      lol. Mayfield is pretty much better at everything than Rosen. I take that back, he is better at everything than rosen. stronger arm, more accurate, more mobile, smarter, better competitor, better vision, better pocket presence, better leader. basically, come up with a skill that a QB needs in order to be successful, Mayfield has it over Rosen.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        lol. Mayfield is pretty much better at everything than Rosen. I take that back, he is better at everything than rosen. stronger arm, more accurate, more mobile, smarter, better competitor, better vision, better pocket presence, better leader. basically, come up with a skill that a QB needs in order to be successful, Mayfield has it over Rosen.
        I think they're both going to suck, but Rosen has better size and I think you might be the only one that thinks Mayfield has a better arm than Rosen. Also, Rosen is supposed to be quite intelligent while Mayfield has shown Manziel-like tendencies off the field more than a few times. Like I said, some team will be convinced of what you just wrote and talk themselves into drafting him in the first half of the first round.

Additionally, from what I've heard, there's more than a decent chance that Rosen will be despised by his teammates. Darnold would easily be the prize QB of this draft class if he were to come out, but seeing the Browns sitting there at #1 he'll probably elect to come back for his junior year.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Jimmy G gets paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid.

5-years. $137.5M.

Damn.

Comment

• you go jimmy guapo
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Good for him.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Maybe now he can finally have success with the ladies.

Comment

• the biggest non jimmy winner here is cousins

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    the biggest non jimmy winner here is cousins
                    And Aaron Rodgers. And Matt Ryan. And any other QB looking to sign a long-term deal.

Comment

• Even after paying Jimmy GQ $40M this year, SF still has over $60M in cap space, second to only Cleveland and Indy. As a BYU/SF fan, I'm selfishly hoping they use some of that to fill their need for an edge rusher and sign Ziggy Ansah, and then find a CB, allowing them to draft BPA in the first round. I'd really like them to bolster their OL and make sure they protect their $137.5M QB. But that's just me.

Maybe while I'm wishing, they can take Fred Warner in the 3rd or 4th round too. I'd really like that.

Comment

• Richard Sherman huh. His is gonna take some getting used to.

Comment

• i see a bad day for russ w. in a few months

Comment

• The Richard Sherman deal has basically no risk -- only $3 million in guaranteed money. The thing I worry about is potentially having a false sense of hope that the other CB position has been solidified with Sherman -- it was a glaring hole on the roster. There were only two CBs on the roster and K'Waun Williams is only a nickel CB at best. But I'm very uncertain that Sherman can approach what he once was.

Sherman is the type to work his ass off to get back in shape and his contract is loaded with incentives, but I don't know how often NFL guys come back from a ruptured achilles. Sherman was only 29 when it happened, and it typically happens to guys a bit older than that, so the success rate could simply be more attributable to age rather than the injury itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              The Richard Sherman deal has basically no risk -- only $3 million in guaranteed money. The thing I worry about is potentially having a false sense of hope that the other CB position has been solidified with Sherman -- it was a glaring hole on the roster. There were only two CBs on the roster and K'Waun Williams is only a nickel CB at best. But I'm very uncertain that Sherman can approach what he once was.

Sherman is the type to work his ass off to get back in shape and his contract is loaded with incentives, but I don't know how often NFL guys come back from a ruptured achilles. Sherman was only 29 when it happened, and it typically happens to guys a bit older than that, so the success rate could simply be more attributable to age rather than the injury itself.
                              I did read an article saying that the type of surgery he did had a slower recovery but should allow him to get back to 100%. So who knows?

It also gave me hope that Mangum can get back to 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                                I did read an article saying that the type of surgery he did had a slower recovery but should allow him to get back to 100%. So who knows?

It also gave me hope that Mangum can get back to 100%.
                                Isn’t Mangum older than Sherman?
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                                X