Official 49ers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 49ers Thread

A lot of optimism out of camp this year. Alex Smith is looking like a starting caliber QB, the defense looks as legit as it has been, Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree ad Frank Gore seem to be the weapons that Smith has needed to succeed. Playoffs and division champs? Could a Super Bowl run be in the near future?

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    A lot of optimism out of camp this year. Alex Smith is looking like a starting caliber QB, the defense looks as legit as it has been, Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree ad Frank Gore seem to be the weapons that Smith has needed to succeed. Playoffs and division champs? Could a Super Bowl run be in the near future?
    Baring injuries, I think this team wins a minimum of 10 games. Could be a great season in the bay.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Near future as in 2011 or 2012? Maybe. This year, absolutely not. I think Minnesota and New Orleans are both going to be very good again this year.

The 1st round o-linemen are going to require a year of experience. The o-line was average last year, and hopefully the draft picks shore up the o-line. I'm really hoping that Smith can at least be a mid-range starting QB. SF has the defense and skill position players to succeed if they only have an average QB.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Iupati looks like he could be a keeper.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...s151809D99.DTL
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
          Baring injuries, I think this team wins a minimum of 10 games. Could be a great season in the bay.
          I was thinking 10 games as well. I'm probably gonna be out of town for the MNF game against New Orleans, which is too bad. I have that game as a loss in my 10-6 record hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
            Near future as in 2011 or 2012? Maybe. This year, absolutely not. I think Minnesota and New Orleans are both going to be very good again this year.

The 1st round o-linemen are going to require a year of experience. The o-line was average last year, and hopefully the draft picks shore up the o-line. I'm really hoping that Smith can at least be a mid-range starting QB. SF has the defense and skill position players to succeed if they only have an average QB.
            I think Iupati has a chance to have an impact this year. Davis seems more like a project to me, with the talent potentially paying off big time. Still not sold though.

I think NO and Min as well as Dallas will both be good this year. But after those three, I think SF falls into the next group of teams like Atlanta or the Giants that could be pretty good if they get all the pieces together. I think anything but the playoffs this year is a disappointment, and then moving forward make a legit run. With a solid young core, I see no reason why they can't.

Comment

Glen Coffee retires and the 9ers sign Brian Westbrook. If I'm a 49ers fan I'll take that trade.

On Mike and Mike this morning they did the 49ers two-a-day. Greenie picked 12-4 and Golic picked 11-5 for their record.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Former Duck and current LDS Will Tukuafu got a sack in one of his first plays in the preseason the other night. Last night I met his wife and she said he is getting a good vibe about making the team.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Glen Coffee retires and the 9ers sign Brian Westbrook. If I'm a 49ers fan I'll take that trade.

On Mike and Mike this morning they did the 49ers two-a-day. Greenie picked 12-4 and Golic picked 11-5 for their record.
                  With the way Anthony Dixon ran Sunday, I think we will be just fine.

12-4 seems optimistic. I think 10-6 is realistic, with 11-5 not out of the question. I'm stoked for the season, that's for sure!

Comment

With Crabtree and Gore on the bench, Smith leads a nice opening drive capped of by a Dixon TD run. 5-6 59 yards.

Comment

With Crabtree and Gore on the bench, Smith leads a nice opening drive capped of by a Dixon TD run. 5-6 59 yards.
                      Dont forget Vernon Davis. Smith looked really good. If he can play like that consistently, SF will be in great shape.

Also nice to see Patrick Willis welcoming back Brett favre. Hit him harder next time!

Comment

Drive two less impressive for SF. Though not Smiths fault. Run run/false start, run run isn't a good way to move the ball.

Comment

Drive two less impressive for SF. Though not Smiths fault. Run run/false start, run run isn't a good way to move the ball.
                          Alex Smith is looking great. The 49ers running game hasn't done anything, but without Gore and going against the Vikings, they couldn't have expected to move it on the ground.

Comment

Dont forget Vernon Davis. Smith looked really good. If he can play like that consistently, SF will be in great shape.

Also nice to see Patrick Willis welcoming back Brett favre. Hit him harder next time!
                            With the division and the schedule (AFC West is one they play I think), this is a team that could host a playoff game or two if things fall right. Don't want to get ahead of mysef here, but the pieces seem to be there if Smith can get it done.

Comment

Live evening w/ Jed York this week, for anyone interested

Sorry yeah it's a premium event. But you can ask questions -)).

http://fora.tv/conference/york_maiocco_niners
                              Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Working...
                              X