Adding Avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Avatars

I'd like to add an avatar, but I don't have that option. How does one gain that privilege?

I am sure the staff is already aware, but a few observations:

1. YOUTUBE! holy crap, I am gasping for air without the ability to link radical, timely video clips that support my generally outrageous and hilarious posts.

2. Who's Online: Hooray! Don't ever leave me again!

3. why do some acronymns get changed to lower case? For example, in the football predition thread, the "BYU" was reduced to lower case for almost everyone. Everyone, that is, except for creekster. And creekster also seems to have an avatar. Oh great, the olgarchy has already begun.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

3. why do some acronymns get changed to lower case? For example, in the football predition thread, the "BYU" was reduced to lower case for almost everyone. Everyone, that is, except for creekster. And creekster also seems to have an avatar. Oh great, the olgarchy has already begun.
      I don't know why. That is a vbulletin thing as it happens on CG also.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

I am sure the staff is already aware, but a few observations:

1. YOUTUBE! holy crap, I am gasping for air without the ability to link radical, timely video clips that support my generally outrageous and hilarious posts.

2. Who's Online: Hooray! Don't ever leave me again!

We are working on it ... But you are right about all three ... Although 1 and 2 I was totally unaware of until you guys pointed them out.

Comment

Bear with me, people. I am learning vBulletin as quickly as I can. I will try to do some cleanup over the weekend.

For those of you with vBulletin experience, advice on specific steps would be appreciated. I will find everything eventually, it's just a time constraint at the moment.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I am not complaining, btw, simply just adding requests to the queue.

Speaking of adding getting things back to normal order, can someone register as mindfulcoug, please?

sigpic

Comment

I am not complaining, btw, simply just adding requests to the queue.

Speaking of adding getting things back to normal order, can someone register as mindfulcoug, please?
              Someone just needs to get SoonerCoug over here. Then the rest shall follow.

Also, we need UteStar and Yohio. I have an itch that only those two can scratch.

That came out wrong.
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Bear with me, people. I am learning vBulletin as quickly as I can. I will try to do some cleanup over the weekend.

For those of you with vBulletin experience, advice on specific steps would be appreciated. I will find everything eventually, it's just a time constraint at the moment.
                No complaints, just questions. It's all good in the hood my friend...

Comment

How much is the monthly fee to run this site?

Comment

Another question for those who have mad V-bulletin skills.

I am already getting adult-related messages from SeattleUte. With CG, the new PM notice would pop up on my screen. No such luck this time.

Is there something I need to do to configure pop ups?

My general browser settings allow the CG pop-ups, so not sure why it would not be the same now.

sigpic

Comment

Another question for those who have mad V-bulletin skills.

I am already getting adult-related messages from SeattleUte. With CG, the new PM notice would pop up on my screen. No such luck this time.

Is there something I need to do to configure pop ups?

My general browser settings allow the CG pop-ups, so not sure why it would not be the same now.
                      It should be in user CP>edit options>messages and notifications. There should be box for you to check. I get the pop up for PMs.
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        It should be in user CP>edit options>messages and notifications. There should be box for you to check. I get the pop up for PMs.
                        woohoo! this new government works!

Change. 2008.

sigpic

Comment

woohoo! this new government works!

Change. 2008.
                          Yes we can!
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

I am dumb (no surprise) and still have no clue how to add an avatar.

I am dumb (no surprise) and still have no idea how to embed a YouTube clip.

Comment

Working...
                            X