I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I learned that Mitt Romney is still active
    Last edited by Moliere; 09-15-2013, 03:12 PM.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      I learned that Mitt Romney is still active
      I was going to suggest that you hand him your phone and let him contribute to the "Was Mitt Romney Right About Everything" thread but then I realized that's on UB5. I'm out of ideas.
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

He's been hiding out in France?

Comment

• Open toe sandals is a bold look for a dark suit.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            Open toe sandals is a bold look for a dark suit.
            Post that selfie
            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
              Post that selfie
              The parable of the Vineyard in Matthew 20, where everybody puts in different amounts of labor but gets the same paycheck, is because of Obama.

People laughed at first. Then they realized that they were comparing Jesus to Obama and they sobered up quickly.
              "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
              -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Seeing lots of fb traffic and pictures with Mitt. Did he give a fireside?
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  When you throw your hand up to sustain someone, do you look around the chapel at the people being sustained or do you just keep eyes front and sustain in focus? Specifically, do you ever turn around and look behind you to see the person being sustained?

I noticed today that when people look around, they often throw out an additional, non-doctrinal sustaining smile towards the person in question, i guess as a way to show direct support for the person being called.

I dont do the sustaining smile but today I shot my hand up before the Bishop had even finished the "all those in favor" part because I wanted to be the first person to sustain. It was a good solid several seconds before he was done. Even though I didn't look back or smile, I like to think that the person being called saw my support and felt edified.
                  I just got called out for a vote, only one turn and smile. I'm not feeling really supported.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

• My wife spoke in stake conference last night and knocked it out of the park. Today we obtained the secret URL for the internet video feed for stake conf and we are watching at home in pajamas. A good weekend.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      I just got called out for a vote, only one turn and smile. I'm not feeling really supported.
                      I am turning and smiling at you right now, buddy.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Thanks Dude!
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• I'm learning that a watch's beeps that sound just like a Casio calculator watch circa 1985 carry through a chapel pretty well.
                          Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            Dont mean to cause alarm but that isn't a very good smile:sustension ratio. I fear that this will be a short calling for you.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I am laughing at you, which is pretty close to smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                Dont mean to cause alarm but that isn't a very good smile:sustension ratio. I fear that this will be a short calling for you.

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                                I am laughing at you, which is pretty close to smiling.
                                I dominated the intermediate hymn standing game. I even RUTS standing for a full couple of seconds after everyone had been seated.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X