I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
    Wife just bore testimony. Hard to tell doctors that they want to have more high risk pregnancies because docs just dont uave the spirit.
    Of all people, you would think your wife would place a higher value on medical opinion.
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• God is our CEO, but unlike any other large corporation, where the CEO has no interaction with the rank and file, we can interact with God through prayer, which is much better than an email.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

• Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
        God is our CEO, but unlike any other large corporation, where the CEO has no interaction with the rank and file, we can interact with God through prayer, which is much better than an email.
        The big difference, though, is that God makes you give HIM the bonus checks and stock options.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• An elderly gentleman closed his testimony: "in the name of Jesus Christ, that's all"

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
            The big difference, though, is that God makes you give HIM the bonus checks and stock options.
            I'm glad you capitalized the pronoun. It shows the appropriate reverence deity deserves.
            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
              An elderly gentleman closed his testimony: "in the name of Jesus Christ, that's all"

Screw all of the clapping shenanigans, I'm incorporating THIS into my worship services!
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                ... because docs just don't have the spirit.
                She's got a point though, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                  God is our CEO, but unlike any other large corporation, where the CEO has no interaction with the rank and file, we can interact with God through prayer, which is much better than an email.
                  I interact with my CEO all the time. I don't think I want a God that is a CEO.
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    She's got a point though, right?

I can just imagine her OB/GYN thinking: "If you want to risk your kids growing up without a mom, then by all means tell yourself that some spirit wants you reproduce some more."
                    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• I learned our Costco already rolled out the Christmas decorations. No Walkers shortbread cookies though yet.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                        Screw all of the clapping shenanigans, I'm incorporating THIS into my worship services!
                        I've got a buck for the first CS'er who reports back saying that they said from the pulpit, "In the name of Jesus Christ - that's all."

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          I learned our Costco already rolled out the Christmas decorations. No Walkers shortbread cookies though yet.
                          same with ours, nutcracker dolls and holiday snow globes next to Halloween costumes in the seasonal section, but I learned this first hand, not at church.
                          Alessandro Manzoni

pelagius

Comment

• Some kid got up today, who was about 13, and he said that he had a very spiritual experience when he got baptized at age 9. He said the water was freezing when he got in to it, but it felt warm coming out. He said it was either the spirit or he thinks someone may have urinated in the water.

Good stuff.
                            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                              An elderly gentleman closed his testimony: "in the name of Jesus Christ, that's all"

classic, i lol'd. Only thing better would have been "that's all folks".

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                                Some kid got up today, who was about 13, and he said that he had a very spiritual experience when he got baptized at age 9. He said the water was freezing when he got in to it, but it felt warm coming out. He said it was either the spirit or he thinks someone may have urinated in the water.

Good stuff.
                                That's pretty funny.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X