I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    Yeah, and does the kid?? I didn't when I was in primary.
    The kid doesn't for sure. I'm not sure about the prez. The chorister, based on the look on her face, most definitely did
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
      The kid doesn't for sure. I'm not sure about the prez. The chorister, based on the look on her face, most definitely did
      I'm sure the kid learned it at home. I heard once that the home is root of all evil. Sometimes I think that's right.

Comment

• Originally posted by AggieIam View Post
        That's a good one. You think the primary prez even knows what that means?
        Who hasn't seen Kingpin?
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• I haven't.
          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• During the SS lesson our teacher mentioned how everyone gets the same blessings from the PH even if they aren't married to a faithful PH holder (single, divorced, inactive spouse, etc.). Then at the end of the lesson she bore testimony of the tremendous blessings she gets from having a faithful PH holder in her home
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• During the EQ lesson on finding true peace, a young man leaving for a mission in a month, testified that if you're a good person doing good things, you'll be protected. When he drives the full time missionaries to appointments, he doesn't need to worry about seat belts or driving within the speed limit because he knows they won't get into any accidents or they won't get pulled over by the police.
              "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

Comment

• Originally posted by The Fourth Nephite View Post
                During the EQ lesson on finding true peace, a young man leaving for a mission in a month, testified that if you're a good person doing good things, you'll be protected. When he drives the full time missionaries to appointments, he doesn't need to worry about seat belts or driving within the speed limit because he knows they won't get into any accidents or they won't get pulled over by the police.
                Now the rest of the story. Surely someone corrected the young fellow. If he is not set straight he is going to end up saying some pretty offensive thing to some people.

Like speaking in church as a church leader and saying something like "missionaries who live the rules are protected from harm".

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  Now the rest of the story. Surely someone corrected the young fellow. If he is not set straight he is going to end up saying some pretty offensive thing to some people.

Like speaking in church as a church leader and saying something like "missionaries who live the rules are protected from harm".
                  I certainly corrected him. I told him that's not how it works and gave him some examples.
                  "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

Comment

During the EQ lesson on finding true peace, a young man leaving for a mission in a month, testified that if you're a good person doing good things, you'll be protected. When he drives the full time missionaries to appointments, he doesn't need to worry about seat belts or driving within the speed limit because he knows they won't get into any accidents or they won't get pulled over by the police.
                    Worked for Jesus.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• Is there anything worse, than when people have had 50 minutes, with long silences in betwen, when they can get up and say whatever they want, they wait until the very minute the meeting is supposed to end, when somebody is already at the pulpit rambling on with no intention of slowing, they get up and wait for their turn?

Comment

Is there anything worse, than when people have had 50 minutes, with long silences in betwen, when they can get up and say whatever they want, they wait until the very minute the meeting is supposed to end, when somebody is already at the pulpit rambling on with no intention of slowing, they get up and wait for their turn?
                        Yes.
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          Yes.
                          Namely, the bishop who waits another five minutes after that person sits down because the spirit whispers that somebody else has something they need to say.
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• I hate EQ. I also hate Preach My Gospel.

And I really hate studying it in EQ on the first Sunday of every month.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                              I hate EQ. I also hate Preach My Gospel.

And I really hate studying it in EQ on the first Sunday of every month.
                              Given that it's Fast Sunday, your post reads a lot like this:
                              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Is there anything worse, than when people have had 50 minutes, with long silences in betwen, when they can get up and say whatever they want, they wait until the very minute the meeting is supposed to end, when somebody is already at the pulpit rambling on with no intention of slowing, they get up and wait for their turn?
                                The mother of 5 that drags here youngest, 3 years old, up to the pulpit (the kid is struggling to get away) to tell the ward what the 3 year old "would like to say" and ends in "he bares his testimony in the name of..."

No, she's not a recent convert. She should know better. She's doing it because she is an uber-Mormon.

When this kind of thing happens, I have to wonder what an investigator has to be thinking. I mean, hell, I sit there in wonderment and I've seen this kind of thing before....

Comment

Working...
                                X