Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I've got this one covered, folks. Mormon Jesus:

The Mormon Jesus doesn't look very Jewish but then again the other Jesus doesn't look very Jewish also.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      The Mormon Jesus doesn't look very Jewish but then again the other Jesus doesn't look very Jewish also.
      Most Mormons don't look very Jewish, why would Mormon Jesus?
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
        Most Mormons don't look very Jewish, why would Mormon Jesus?
        That's because we're adopted. Duh.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Don't know why this gives me the willies, but it does. :yikes:

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            That's because we're adopted. Duh.
            Bravo, sir. Bravo!
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by mUUser View Post
              Don't know why this gives me the willies, but it does. :yikes:
              Me too.

You will all notice that Mormon Jesus somehow lost his heavenly aura when he shaved and trimmed his hair.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Me too.

You will all notice that Mormon Jesus somehow lost his heavenly aura when he shaved and trimmed his hair.
                Not me. It's like looking in the mirror. Crazy.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Not me. It's like looking in the mirror. Crazy.
                  The one on the left or the one on the right?
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                    No one said anything about him doing it well.
                    LOL. You're probably right. The first thing the youth class (our entire youth are in the same class since we are so small - 8th grad to seniors) asked was if I had candy. I offered my 1 year old's strawberry puffs. I didn't have a manual so I asked what they had been learning. I thought it was NT, but they all gave me a different answer so I said fine, you're going to learn what I want to teach you. We had a great lesson/discussion on Alma 36. I talked about Christ's power to change hearts and what it means to be converted. One of the kids asked afterward if I made it all up. I told her if you meant teaching on the fly, then yes. She said, "Whoa, that was really good. Thank you."

That made my day. It's not easy to impress teenagers IMO.

Priesthood was a bit easier. We had Stake Conference last week so we had GP 28 - Service. I taught work and responsibility a few weeks ago so I had some stuff prepared from that lesson that I didn't get to.

I actually love teaching. If I could be an EQ instructor or teach Gospel Essentials for the rest of my life I'd be a happy Mo. I could handle GD if I had Pelagius' notes each week.
                    Last edited by Surfah; 03-14-2011, 06:28 AM.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Why did someone paint Bronco Mendenhall?

Comment

• FN and I teach the CTR 7 class, which includes the SP kid, 1st counselor's son, 2nd counselor's grandson and the primary's secretary's daughter. Last week we only had 4 kids, this week we had 8. Last week we were talking with the kids and the SP's kid tells us that he just realized that all of his underwear have holes in the front and that his mom told him it's to pee out of. He says he can't do it b/c he gets pee on his underwear. Our lesson this week was on repentance and baptism and all in all I think it went well. It's a good group of kids, but a lot to handle for most people in our ward. They haven't had a real teacher in quite some time, and no one ever wants to sub for this class more than 2 weeks in a row. They definitely need some structure and consistency and they have really taken to us. It's nice having one of my callings with FN (I am also RS Enrichment leader, and do the RS newsletter and blog).

Comment

• I learned in church that my 4-year old has a girlfriend.

Comment

• Aside from teaching yesterday, Gidget sang in church. A John Rutter arrangement of For the Beauty of the Earth. It was beautiful. We were wondering though if she was going to sing because just before she was supposed to the fire alarm went off. My first counselor's 18 month old climbed on top of the couch in the foyer and pulled it. So we had to evacuate and wait for the fire department to come and give the all clear. By the time we got back in there was just 5 minutes left so they had Gidget sing and the last speaker gets to give his talk next week. Fun day. It was nice outside yesterday.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• I learned from one of my twelve year olds that Tokyo is the capital of the world. It was good to know.

Comment

• So, according to my wife, who was just dumbfounded, in Relief Society she learned that men are called to be bishop because women are jealous, catty, and would be too emotional about other people's problems. No one challenged the teacher's assertion.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X