I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by statman View Post
    Get it on MP3 and speed up the playback. I bet you can do it in 22 hours...
    I tried doing this with movies on the laptop. Then I realized I was dreaming in double time and started talking too fast. I stopped before I went crazy. Er, completely crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
      I tried doing this with movies on the laptop. Then I realized I was dreaming in double time and started talking too fast. I stopped before I went crazy. Er, completely crazy.
      THose weren't dreams, they were extractions in progress. The slow speed is the only real dream.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        You should have gone to Donut or falafel's ward.
        Maybe I did.

By the way, DH has excellent restaurant advice for Vegas.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
          Has to be both... Pray tell, fus. Give us some more context...
          We were talking about the celestial family construct and the proper roles of men and women. A gentlemen in the class said that women need to be in the home to give children the proper love and emotional caring. After this a brother commented that he is scared by the woman CEO and thinks most are evil because, 'to make it in business today you have to be cold hearted and a woman would have to be much more cold hearted than a man because, well she's a woman.'

When we left my wife said, I feel like we were in the Hoy Tub Time Machine and woke up in 1954.

Comment

My ex-Bishop subbed in Sunday School on Sunday. He said he didn't want to bring politics into it, and them compared Obama to Jeroboam.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
              We were talking about the celestial family construct and the proper roles of men and women. A gentlemen in the class said that women need to be in the home to give children the proper love and emotional caring. After this a brother commented that he is scared by the woman CEO and thinks most are evil because, 'to make it in business today you have to be cold hearted and a woman would have to be much more cold hearted than a man because, well she's a woman.'

When we left my wife said, I feel like we were in the Hoy Tub Time Machine and woke up in 1954.
              This is wrong on various levels, but I will mention one.

To make it in business today you have to be cold hearted. That generalization though I don't think is too uncommon throughout our culture. How often do we hear about men pursuing wealth instead of the "more important" things. When Andy Reid's boys were in trouble a lot of CBers blamed Reid's pursuit of the $$ for the kids problems. I even hear from the pulpit condemnation of the pursuit of material things.

At the same time we pay honor to our people who succeed financially. Without them, how much of the "work" would go forward.

Buildings are named after the Marriott's, Huntsman and Miller's of the church.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Thread winner thus far.
                Reminds me of this tee shirt:

Comment

All of the apostles have physically seen Jesus else they wouldn't be able to be special witnesses of Christ.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                    All of the apostles have physically seen Jesus else they wouldn't be able to be special witnesses of Christ.
                    I don't remember when I stopped believing that, but I know as teenager I couldn't think of what else a "special witness" could possibly be.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                      I don't remember when I stopped believing that, but I know as teenager I couldn't think of what else a "special witness" could possibly be.
                      IN my favorite BKP talk he sort of said that it isn't necessarily the case, as far as I heard it.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                        yeah, isn't that what's taught at seminary, through the missionary discussions and in the gospel principles manual? That seems to be one of those fundamental differences that makes Mormonism unique. Ordinary average guys who speak with Jesus every once in a while.
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

I was told that Elder Scott said in the WWTB that "HE KNEW" the Savior.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            He did in fact say that. I am not sure exactly what he meant by "knew" but it was quite comforting for me to hear him say it.

Comment

Yes, this was brought up along with BRM's last talk as well. We were taught that the brethren have seen the Lord, but they can't tell us outright (not sure why but I'm glad we didn't go into this) so they use cryptic-type messages to convey this fact.....good thing Joseph didn't take this route.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

He's the worst at doing this. If you've seen him, just say it, RGS! He came to my dad's stake 7 months ago and made similar statements, which got the stake buzzing. He gives me the creeps, though, so I may be biased against him.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X