No announcement yet.

I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brm was ordained at 11. In bi written by Jospeh know me paid attention to birth certificates then.

Comment

• My grandfather was ordained an Elder at 15 - and married in the SLC temple the next week

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
        My grandfather was ordained an Elder at 15 - and married in the SLC temple the next week
        Well MY grandfather joined the church and went to the temple six months later to marry my grandmother. Apparently you didn't have to wait a whole year back in the 1910's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
          Well MY grandfather joined the church and went to the temple six months later to marry my grandmother. Apparently you didn't have to wait a whole year back in the 1910's.
          Things have changed in the last 80 yrs haven't they

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
            My Grandfather met a young woman on his mission in Michigan back in 1930 and at the end of his mission they rode the train to SLC together and got married in the temple.

I was denied my legacy mission marriage when I was emergency transferred from Springfield to Joplin and was not allowed to write to any female within the mission boundaries.

Maybe some other dimension...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
              My Grandfather met a young woman on his mission in Michigan back in 1930 and at the end of his mission they rode the train to SLC together and got married in the temple.

I was denied my legacy mission marriage when I was emergency transferred from Springfield to Joplin and was not allowed to write to any female within the mission boundaries.

Lock your own heart, elder. Otherwise, the mission president will try to do it for you.

Comment

• I learned in church today

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                Someone clever enough to come up with an acronym similar to MAGA should start a President Nelson thread. We rarely discuss things we learned in church in this thread now - it's more things we learn about the church as directed by a hold-my-rootbeer prophet.
                Wow, cowboy taking a shot at the big guy. Something happen locally to bring this out or were you just a big MoTab fan?

PS. I love the “hold-my-root beer” phrase.
                "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                  Wow, cowboy taking a shot at the big guy. Something happen locally to bring this out or were you just a big MoTab fan?

PS. I love the “hold-my-root beer” phrase.

Comment

the restraining order probably made the transfer a necessity
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Sacrament meeting today was almost all music. A former bishop was the lone speaker, with just a 5 minute talk. But he made a little faux pas. After saying his favorite part of Christmas as the story of Christ’s birth (duh), he then said “because we all know Santa is fake”.

I talked to him after the meeting, and he said he saw a concerned look on the faces of some young parents after he said it. He said he meant to say that the department store Santa’s are fake.

Comment

• Weirdest thing I have ever heard in church today. A French dude with a heavy accent conducting at a combined ward Christmas sacrament meeting says something to the affect of "we'll now take the sacrament. Please remember that we are promising to be kind to one another and love during the rest of the week.... So men, no beating your wives this week".

5ish people kind of snickered and there was several audible gasps. After the sacrament he stood back up and apologized. It was seriously awkward.

Comment

• The world is abuzz with the new changes. My wife is feeling vindicated.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

The world is abuzz with the new changes. My wife is feeling vindicated.
                            What am I missing? Anything to do with this “statement” released today (which doesn’t really state anything new that I can see)?

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/temple-worship
                            Last edited by chrisrenrut; 01-02-2019, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2019...urch-releases/
                              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Focus groups -> positive changes.

I'm more interested in what is motivating them to study these focus groups.

My hypothesis is that they are hemorrhaging $.

Comment

Working...
                                X