• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    Excuse me. He said "by not praying like Catholics."

Stay focused.
    You don't know me. :slap:

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      Excuse me. He said "by not praying like Catholics."

Stay focused.
      I just extended to all unnecessarily repetitive activities (some repetition is good). My bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        We had the same deacon round robin. All these 11 year olds, and all new. (We have 2 existing deacons, and about 7 new ones came in. No teachers, 1 priest who was blessing). They had no idea what to do and where to go. The experienced deacon had to physically go and point each deacon toward his assignment, and they offered the sacrament to the congregation before the bishop was served. (Do we really need to observe that convention?). I asked my husband why they didn't do a walk through the previous week in quorum and he replied "Probably because they were setting them apart." I looked at him incredulously.
        Our newbies did pretty well. The week before, we had 15 minutes before some of the incoming kids were ordained, so I had the quorum president diagram routes on the blackboard. Then last Sunday he did a quick run-through in the chapel with everyone before Sacrament meeting started.

Comment

We had the same deacon round robin. All these 11 year olds, and all new. (We have 2 existing deacons, and about 7 new ones came in. No teachers, 1 priest who was blessing). They had no idea what to do and where to go. The experienced deacon had to physically go and point each deacon toward his assignment, and they offered the sacrament to the congregation before the bishop was served. (Do we really need to observe that convention?). I asked my husband why they didn't do a walk through the previous week in quorum and he replied "Probably because they were setting them apart." I looked at him incredulously.
          B/c you couldn't believe that your husband doesn't know the diff between setting apart and ordaining?
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
            B/c you couldn't believe that your husband doesn't know the diff between setting apart and ordaining?
            Sorry, he said ordaining. I couldnt remember the word so i said setting apart.

Comment

Sorry, he said ordaining. I couldnt remember the word so i said setting apart.
              The 11 year-olds actually received two distinct ordinances (is ordinances the right word here?), conferring of the priesthood and ordaining to the office of Deacon. Just brushing up since I'll be doing that for my 11 year old this Sunday.

Comment

• It's a bye week! Stake Conference is great.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  It's a bye week! Stake Conference is great.
                  It was standing room only in sacrament mtg last week due to a missionary homecoming. During SM, a member of the stake presidency saw me and my crew in the foyer and invited my teenaged daughters to participate in the youth choir for stake conference in a few weeks. My 10-year old son was listening in and said, "We never go to stake conference." Nice work, son.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    It's a bye week! Stake Conference is great.
                    No bye week included in Come, Follow Me for SC, only GC.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                      No bye week included in Come, Follow Me for SC, only GC.
                      we have some less than faithful saints on this board. all we can do is pray for them.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        we have some less than faithful saints on this board. all we can do is pray for them.
                        I'd say let's set up some sort of fellowshipping activity with JL and others providing smoked meats, but I'm not going to bring craft beer for funk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                          I'd say let's set up some sort of fellowshipping activity with JL and others providing smoked meats, but I'm not going to bring craft beer for funk.
                          Bring skunky beer and perhaps Funk won't show.

Comment

• Today in church I learned that you can't trust the LDS Library App to be there when you need it.

Normally I have eight or nine screens in that app, one for each type of lesson I'll be doing anything with, one for each of Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenents, and a few for my favorite scriptures that I want to look up quickly. So as soon as I open the app, it starts updating for about a minute. Then when I get to the list of screens there are two blank lines there, one of which should have been the "Come, Follow Me - Primary" link and I think one for the individuals and families version.

In searching the whole library, I can't find it anywhere. And while checking my favorite scriptures, the stuff in Moroni 7 is no longer highlighted correctly.

I couldn't use any of that when I needed it. All other apps only update when I tell them to and I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", so I don't normally update any of them that don't have security concerns.

Of course, once I get home and check back through on this stuff, it has been further updated so that what I needed is now there and even the section in Moroni is now okay. It was only broken during the time that I needed it.

But on the bright side, 25 minutes is just about perfect for teaching five year olds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                              So as soon as I open the app, it starts updating for about a minute.
                              I hate this. I've downloaded the content I need. There is 0 reason to constantly redownload it every time I open the app.
                              Last edited by LVAllen; 02-03-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                                I hate this. I've downloaded the content I need. There is 0 reason to constantly redownload it every time I open the app.
                                You guys should actually open and use the app on days other than Sunday. j/k

You could go into settings, and tell it to only download on WiFi, and turn off the wifi before opening. I'd actually recommend using the feedback feature to let them know how it's getting in the way of its functionality.

Comment

Working...
                                X