No announcement yet.

I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got called to teach the 10-11 year old primary class. 3 other teachers. 1 hour Primary is going to be great. Kids don’t have time to get bored
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Was rough today. This is my fully active year based on my ward schedule. I haven't been to the full block in a year, so my time in church got lengthened. It's not bad at 2 hours but i find myself zoning out and so forth from being tired from choir. At least I have an excuse.
      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Agreed. Two hour church is perfect and the 50 minutes is a bit long but I'm also no longer afraid to let the kids out early since it's the last class for them for the day. I also brought cupcakes on fast sunday since I could just tell them to wait until they get home to eat them. My testimony of Pres Nelson grew a lot today.
        yeah, 50 minutes is long. they need to go the 25/25 route like with primary. shorter is always better.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          One hour nursery is great.
          Gotta be the best gig in church right now. I seriously can't think of a better one.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
            Gotta be the best gig in church right now. I seriously can't think of a better one.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
              I dunno... records clerk is pretty awesome. I bring my little Samsung Book to the office, pull up a cushy swivel clerk chair, and set up shop. With pioneer 47 - I can go anywhere or do anything. Yesterday, I even transferred some records out to another ward in the stake. Took some member photos to liven up the ward list. My best bud of 25 years is the financial clerk and he and I just sit there together bs-ing about everything. Sometimes we bring food to eat. We got a fan, some matches in the drawer... we're ready for anything. Jan is the best month of the year when we get to shred three years ago financials.
              Last edited by clackamascoug; 01-07-2019, 09:07 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                I dunno... records clerk is pretty awesome. I bring my little Samsung Book to the office, pull up a cushy swivel clerk chair, and set up shop. With pioneer 47 - I can go anywhere or do anything. Yesterday, I even transferred some records out to another ward in the stake. Took some member photos to liven up the ward list. My best bud of 25 years is the financial clerk and he and I just sit there together bs-ing about everything. Sometimes we bring food to eat. We got a fan, some matches in the drawer... we're ready for anything. Jan is the best month of the year when we get to shred three years ago financials.
                Let me know if you need any records of people that don't want to be found... we can make up and address in your ward and send them your way.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What are the matches for? Burning records, or lighting up some weed?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                    What are the matches for? Burning records, or lighting up some weed?
                    Duh. Blue darts.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I've come to hate pioneer47. You can't play Pokemon Go on the church WiFi. I would be walking around the park near my house and my phone would try to connect to the WiFi of the church across the street and it would cause issues with the game. I purged LDS WiFi from my phone to prevent it from happening. It felt kind of like having my records removed from the church, and the closest I'll come to removing them.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                          I've come to hate pioneer47. You can't play Pokemon Go on the church WiFi. I would be walking around the park near my house and my phone would try to connect to the WiFi of the church across the street and it would cause issues with the game. I purged LDS WiFi from my phone to prevent it from happening. It felt kind of like having my records removed from the church, and the closest I'll come to removing them.
                          Just turn off your wifi when you're out doing that. You don't want to connect to other random wifis anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            Duh. Blue darts.
                            Never going into the clerks' office again.

Comment

Even better asst financial clerk. My job is to enter the info while the head guy and a counselor count the money. Any more it takes about 20 minutes a week and only because about three families either don't have a computer or just feel better handing money to the bishop.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                                Dude, I am so sorry this is happening to you.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X