Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    You seem like a pleasant person.
    Our father’s and sons/daughters campout is the Friday before Father’s day. Hopefully the SMR’s of the ward stay home so the rest of us can enjoy making fun of them behind their backs!
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      I he wanted your comment he would have invited you to comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        father/daughter, father/son campouts are stupid and I never go. if I want to go camping with my son, I go camping with my son. if I want to go camping with my daughters, I go camping with my daughters. if I want other people there, I invite other people - the people of my choosing. I don't need the ward to organize it and choose the place - nor do I want them to.
        I respectfully request an invite. In support of my request, I promise to remain a faithful member of the Alec Burks fan club.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
          Our father’s and sons/daughters campout is the Friday before Father’s day. Hopefully the SMR’s of the ward stay home so the rest of us can enjoy making fun of them behind their backs!
          We will! Enjoy your shitty food and lack of shade!
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
            As priesthood holders / agents of God, we still have agency. We have to choose to endure to the end. We have to choose to keep the covenants we have made. Accepting the priesthood is still a probationary state. The process of sanctification is one where we continue to sin, but over time it should be less and less. Repentance is the process of quitting things we are supposed to not do and starting to do the things we are supposed to. This is a gradual process, a ladder, and we continue this climb/path in an imperfect, yet justified state, because of our continuous repenting, the Atonement, and our covenants. Ultimately, when we have proven faithful enough we will be fully sanctified, but for now we are justified by the grace of God, BECAUSE WE STILL SIN. Also, agency is a divine principle -- God possesses and exercises His agency based on a full knowledge of good and evil ("ye shall be as gods knowing good and evil"). He knows sin brings pain and death and always chooses good.
            Whoa how do you know all this stuff?

Isn’t all this far too abstract and theoretical to put out there like it’s math or science?

Seriously I don’t understand how anybody can think he knows all this very specific stuff about what God supposedly does and knows and agency and repentance and justification and atonement and all this stuff works.

You understand that people have just made all this stuff up, right? The biggest mistake is thinking any of that stuff you state with such assurance is knowable or known by you.

Comment

• It’s always interesting to see which religious post will set Cardiac off.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• You understand that people have made all this stuff up, right?

Lol. Love cardiac.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                  Whoa how do you know all this stuff?

Seriously I don’t understand how anybody can think he knows all this very specific stuff about what God supposedly does and knows and agency and repentance and justification and atonement and all this stuff works.
                  Revelation!
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    It’s always interesting to see which religious post will set Cardiac off.
                    It’s the glib certainty and lecturing, condescending tone that triggers me I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      Revelation!
                      According to John Taylor, present revelation is the foundation of our religion.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        It’s the glib certainty and lecturing, condescending tone that triggers me I think.
                        I think you dosed out an equal amount of glib certainty, lecturing, and condescension to poor Brother Crockett.

Don't turn on me, I'm only the messenger.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          You understand that people have made all this stuff up, right?

Lol. Love cardiac.
                          I did a double-take to make sure it wasn't SoonerCoug's avi.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Study question for next week:

How do I honor and please myself instead of honoring God?

Ahem.

Comment

• The government forces everyone to have a colonoscopy.

This was in Teacher's Quorum. I'm not sure what made the kid an expert on colonoscopies, but I guess his step-dad is a Dr.

He insisted that the government forces everyone to have one, whether they want it or not. I stopped the discussion to assure the other boys that the government does not force this on everyone. He followed up with something along the lines of basically requiring it and talking everyone into getting it done.

Weird conversation for a Teacher's Quorum. Then again - I think about anything is game in the 14 yr old mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                The government forces everyone to have a colonoscopy.

This was in Teacher's Quorum. I'm not sure what made the kid an expert on colonoscopies, but I guess his step-dad is a Dr.

He insisted that the government forces everyone to have one, whether they want it or not. I stopped the discussion to assure the other boys that the government does not force this on everyone. He followed up with something along the lines of basically requiring it and talking everyone into getting it done.

Weird conversation for a Teacher's Quorum. Then again - I think about anything is game in the 14 yr old mind.
                                LOL... yeah, the government does force everyone to have a colonoscopy. I would have told the kid what the government actually does to everyone is a lot worse and left it at that.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X