Milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    There was a great sale on it, so I wanted to stock up. We usually get 4-6 gallons at a time.
    The inflation on the price of milk has been udderly obscene.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      The inflation on the price of milk has been udderly obscene.
      Cud it get any worse? I can't take much moore.
      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
      -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
        Cud it get any worse?
        I doubt it -- I don't see any whey it could.

Comment

I doubt it -- I don't see any whey it could.
          Oh those low milk prices seem like a distant mammary. I'll speak with Faith and heifer stop drinking so much milk.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
            Oh those low milk prices seem like a distant mammary. I'll speak with Faith and heifer stop drinking so much milk.
            Prices have been getting creamed by the churning price of fuel. The Dairy board told me my whole life milk lacked eight essential vitamins and minerals, but they were nursing the wounds of the fuel crisis.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              Prices have been getting creamed by the churning price of fuel. The Dairy board told me my whole life milk lacked eight essential vitamins and minerals, but they were nursing the wounds of the fuel crisis.
              To my dairy's credit, they lowered their prices this fall as fuel prices fell. (it's a local dairy, but ethanol subsidies had jacked up the cost of feed. Feed prices have come down around here, along with all the other fuel costs.)

I still had to pay the UPS fuel surcharge, though, when I sent a package last week.
              "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
              -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
                To my dairy's credit, they lowered their prices this fall as fuel prices fell. (it's a local dairy, but ethanol subsidies had jacked up the cost of feed.
                Mine does that too, but I figure it's mostly just because they want to mooove more inventory.

We have the best local dairy ever down here. They distribute all the way down to Dallas, so we'll have to indulge at the Blue River Rivalry. I'll buy.

Comment

Blue River Rivalry
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Alright, fine, moneybags. If it's that big a deal to you, you can buy.

Comment

Alright, fine, moneybags. If it's that big a deal to you, you can buy.
                      With my arms akimbo, vines grow on me.
                      Last edited by wuapinmon; 02-17-2009, 06:14 PM. Reason: punctuation
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Triplet and I watching you guys exchange puns is like Steve Young and Jerry Rice watching Joey Harrington and Mike Williams play catch.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          Triplet and I watching you guys exchange puns is like Steve Young and Jerry Rice watching Joey Harrington and Mike Williams play catch.
                          I'm quite proud of "lacked eight" and "akimbo vines."

Comment

I'm quite proud of "lacked eight" and "akimbo vines."
                            Good for you! I'm so proud of you for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Good for you! I'm so proud of you for trying!
                              from whence does your venom spring?

Comment

from whence does your venom spring?
                                Don't mind Y. He's the 45-year-old white guy who sits on the park bench, watching the guys play streetball and talking about how much game he's got. "Man, you should see my jump shot! -- What's that? -- Nah, I can't play now, 'cause, uh, my lunch break's almost over."

Comment

Working...
                                X