1995 F-350 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 F-350 Project

I posted in another thread about the F-350 I just bought. Here are some pics of it and the interior cleaning project.

The truck is a 1995 Crew Cab with the 7.3 PSD. 260K miles but a ton of new parts. Transmission, ball joints, water pump, steering box, power steering pump, and many more. Body and interior are pretty bad so that will be the focus of my "restoration" work.

This is the only exteror shot I have right now and it's from the ad online that I bought it from. Will post more later.

The first project was cleaning out the interior. It was fillthy and with a wife and 4 daughters it was pretty clear to me what the priority should be.

I also picked up a 40/20/40 seat with the built-in console at a local junkyard as it just had a bench up front.

I didn't take any shots before removing the seats so these photos are all in process.

Filthy carpets. Seats are removed but no cleaning done yet.

Cleaning crew hard at work

What a difference 6 hours of shampooing and scrubbing can make

Taking a break on the redneck patio furniture after a hard days work

Last edited by FMCoug; 07-11-2010, 10:57 PM.
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Sweet. FN Phat needs to take a pic of his big body diesel to share. I had a 99.5 7.3L PSD that I sold after I married Gidge. I just started to have it the way I wanted. Big, loud, and a cloud of black smoke. I miss it dearly.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post

Looks like my uncle's truck. He's never been one to use a spittoon.
      There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
      Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
      And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
        Looks like my uncle's truck. He's never been one to use a spittoon.
        The part that grossed my wife and kids out the most was that when we went to test drive it, there was a baby seat in the back and toys all over the floor. So some kid was eating off that most likely.
        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

FM, I think that's a cool project. How much did you pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
            FM, I think that's a cool project. How much did you pay for it?
            $4500. Considering all the mechanical stuff that's already been done, I thought it was a great deal. You could probably sell the motor and tranny for just about that much.

Originally posted by Surfah
            Sweet. FN Phat needs to take a pic of his big body diesel to share. I had a 99.5 7.3L PSD that I sold after I married Gidge. I just started to have it the way I wanted. Big, loud, and a cloud of black smoke. I miss it dearly.
            Sounds awesome. Maybe I'll get there. Did you live in Utah County? With no emissions on diesels is it pretty much anything goes in terms of the exhaust?

Comment

I changed the oil tonight. It was starting and idling pretty rough until it got up to normal operating temp so I figured that was good place to start. The PSD uses oil pressure to operate the injectors so I thought maybe one was sticking when its cold.

A few thoughts:
              • 15 quarts is a LOT of oil
              • The filter is gigantic. I had to buy a strap style wrench as none I had were big enough.
              • Pretty nice to be able to crawl around under the truck to do an oil change without so much as a jackstand or ramp in sight.

Okay, you can all commence with the oil change jokes now.

Comment

I changed the oil tonight. It was starting and idling pretty rough until it got up to normal operating temp so I figured that was good place to start. The PSD uses oil pressure to operate the injectors so I thought maybe one was sticking when its cold.

A few thoughts:

• 15 quarts is a LOT of oil
                • The filter is gigantic. I had to buy a strap style wrench as none I had were big enough.
                • Pretty nice to be able to crawl around under the truck to do an oil change without so much as a jackstand or ramp in sight.

Okay, you can all commence with the oil change jokes now.
                I agree on all accounts. The first time I went to change the oil in my PSD, I ended up having to go buy more oil, a larger drip pan, and a large oil filter wrench. I just punched a hole in the filter with a screwdriver the first go round but decided a filter wrench was the better way to go. Changing the fuel filter is a snap as well, as it is on top of the motor. I have to change my fuel filter every other oil change due to the poor quality diesel we get in this neck of the woods. All of the fuel is barged in and tends to have a percentage of water in the fuel, as well as other contaminants. My dad and/or I have been driving the hell outta my PSD since 1999. It had just over 100k miles on it when we purchased it and it now has 275k miles on her. All that I have had to do is regular maintainance and a starter, two alternators, two sets of batteries, a larger transmission cooler (covered under a recall) and a drive belt. It is a cold-blooded bitch in the winter. It has to be plugged in or I have to give her a bit of motivation in the form of a shot of either. The motor still pulls very strong but the tranny is starting to show its age and mileage. I think that I may have about 25k miles left before a rebuild. We have pulled my dad's 32' travel trailer, his tractor, an 18' utility trailer filled with misc. items such as compost, building supplies, granite countertops, stone, rocks, sand, trees and shrubs, boats, jetskis, etc. However, it is mostly my d/d. I love my truck and hope to have it for another 200k miles. It is loud as hell and rides like shit but it has been paid off for years and is as reliable as a German train.

Sorry for the rant. Just my $.02. Congrats once again on a great truck.
                I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Good point on the Fuel Filter. I shoud probably go ahead and do mine since I don't know how long the existing one has been in there. Air Filter looked good .. plus I'm sure a cold air intake is coming soon anyway.

Comment

Good point on the Fuel Filter. I shoud probably go ahead and do mine since I don't know how long the existing one has been in there. Air Filter looked good .. plus I'm sure a cold air intake is coming soon anyway.
                    When will you be doing the 6" lift?
                    This space is available.

Comment

Finally got some good up close shots of the "before" on the exterior. Plenty of opportunity for making it look better. At a minimum I need to kill off some rust before it spreads even more.

Also installed some truck steps tonight so the girls have an easier time getting in. Can't say I hate the extra step either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Incredible View Post
                        When will you be doing the 6" lift?
                        LOL. It's fine how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Here is the beast:

Here is the beauty and the beast:
                          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                            Here is the beast:

I love my grocery getter.

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                              Here is the beast:

I'm not sure what year and model that black truck is, but I have a client who makes customized tuners (computers for cars) for diesel-engined Ford, Chevy/GMC and Dodge trucks that ups the HP by around an additional 200 HP (can go less or can go more). Essentially they have hacked the code on the computers they put in these things and create new computers to put in them that drastically ups the performance. These diesel engines have a massive amount of additional power but the carmakers tone them down in order to meet MPG standards and they don't think it's a good idea to sell too many 600 HP diesels to everyday customers. It may also cause some stress on the transmissions (though these guys can change how those things also run).
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                              X