You need to add this:

http://www.greasecar.com/index.cfm
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      LOL. Or maybe natural gas injection.
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
        LOL. Or maybe natural gas injection.
        Not enough natural gas stations. And CNG conversion kits are very, very expensive. These vegetable oil kits still allow dual fuel so you still run regular diesel.
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Not enough natural gas stations. And CNG conversion kits are very, very expensive. These vegetable oil kits still allow dual fuel so you still run regular diesel.
          The natural gas conversion for diesel are dual fuel as well. They mix CNG with diesel. Combined MPG can be as high as 60 depending on the tuning. You can even adjust the tuning for high mileage (lots of CNG) or more power for towing (more diesel). But it is expensive. Conversion for my truck would be like $4000.
          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            The natural gas conversion for diesel are dual fuel as well. They mix CNG with diesel. Combined MPG can be as high as 60 depending on the tuning. You can even adjust the tuning for high mileage (lots of CNG) or more power for towing (more diesel). But it is expensive. Conversion for my truck would be like $4000.
            Interesting. I'll have to check into that. The kits I have seen essentially convert the truck to gas with the CNG as an additive like you say. And they're over $10k.
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

The redneck thread made me think of my truck and I realized I hadn't updated this one in quite some time. Lots of progress has been made on this sucker.

She has a new bed (rhinolined), tailgate, rear bumper, front doors, and mirror. Also installed an intercooler, upgraded exhaust and intake, and heavy duty transmission cooler.

20130702_182137_zps5a958a25.jpg20130719_205508_zps425ff9b2.jpgIMG_2305_zps8b9f7d38.jpg

Comment

My truck posted above is broke down in the same spot in the drive way :sad:
                I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

put some fuzz on those peaches, fm.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                    My truck posted above is broke down in the same spot in the drive way :sad:
                    Bummer. What's the issue?

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    In due time. Did the breathing, intercooler, and a tuner for now. Then cosmetics. Paint is next. Think I'm going to keep the two tone gray and white.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Very cool, FM
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                      X